Thread: My Doctor Visit Report page

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member

My Doctor Visit Report

I went to see a new Doc today and it did not go too bad. He was very impressed with my weight loss. He asked what I was doing and I gave him The Primal Blue Print and The Paleo Solution. He started reading the bold print during my visit. We talked a bit about my labs and he said that my labs are fine, he still thinks my total cholesterol is too high at 230 but I explained how having low triglycerides affects the testing. I asked for a VAP and an LP(a) and he said OK and wrote the order for the labs. My BP was as low as it has ever been at 125/75. My Vitamin D is low at 19 and he wrote a script for what I thought was 50,000 IU D3 per day but it turned out to be 50,000 IU D2 per week. Just about useless but I will take the D2 and Report back in 5 weeks for follow up.

He said he had never heard of paleo/primal and seemed very interested. If he turns out to be positive over all I will let him know about this and other sites that my drum up some business for him.

Over all I have to say he at least listened and did not even mention statins.

M

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Awesome news! I'm hoping for the same later this year. The more docs on board, the better.
    Georgette

Stephanie A. is offline Member
    Good for you!

A couple of years ago, my vitamin D was 15. Doc also prescribed 50k D2 for 8 weeks. I didn't fill it and instead started taking 10k D3 daily. Last check my vitamin D was 69.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear he didn't try to push Statins immediately. Sounds like a pretty good doc.

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    I was taking 4000 IU per day for 8 months and only went from 14 to 19. I know the D2 will not help so I think I will just do the 10K of the D3 per day and get tested. At least I will know the D3 works and from my research I know the D2 will not.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds good AnarchoGrok! Having a good doctor, or even one who's a little more open minded, makes a world of difference. You're doing awesome, thats for certain, especially the blood pressure.