Thread: Primal Protein Pancakes - First Attempt page

primalrajas is offline Junior Member

Primal Protein Pancakes - First Attempt

Primal Fuel
    Hi Guys,

Long time reader of the MarksDailyApple.com site. I tried my hand at the primal pancake recipe I saw on this site and another gluten-free baking site. They turned out awesome. I added a scoop of Whey powder, which went a long way towards adding bulk to the pancakes. I tried this recipe without the scoop of Whey I got much smaller pancakes.

Here is my recipe (Fitday Readout):

912 Calories
    66g Fat
    23g Carbohydrates (12g Fiber)
    58g Protein

Ingredients:

1 Egg
    1 Cup Trader Joe's Almond Flour
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    Lots: Cinnamon
    1/4tsp Baking Soda
    1/4tsp Salt
    1 scoop Gold Standard Whey Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
    1/4 cup of water

I loved these things. BTW, does anybody know if there is a limit on fat consumed at one time? I read somewhere that as easy as it is for the body to break carbs into glucose, converting dietary fats into adipose is easier (feel free to correct me on this). That is, I typically eat this as two servings (trust me the pancakes are huge). Any other primal folks cap the fat intake per meal?

PrimalRaj
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member
    These look wonderful to me! Are the nutrition facts for the whole batch? About how many normal sized pancakes would it make?

bobkat is offline Member
    Finally - a recipe that doesn't contain coconut flour. Coconut smell = gag for me.

primalrajas is offline Junior Member

Servings

PrimalCon New York
    Hi Guys.

As far as normal sized pancakes, each batch makes four. The nutrition facts are for the whole batch (of four large pancakes) I can't stress enough how much the protein powder blows up the size of these things. In theory, you could even double the protein powder (gold standard vanilla is non-flavored and pretty much blends into the pancake) and use that to get more.

Any thougts on if you can have too much fat at once? Like eating all 66g in one sitting.

Primalrajas