Thread: Chicken Carotene page

Dalton is offline Senior Member

Chicken Carotene

Primal Fuel
    I rubbed a baking hen with evoo, sea salt, cracked black pepper, jerk seasoning and basil and placed in my dutch oven. Added about an inch or so of water and sliced some baby carrots until the water would hold no more, covered and baked @ 350 for 1.5 hours.

While this was going on I peeled and cubed a butternut and put it in a pot to boil. I also diced 2 small yellow onions and added them to the pot along with a tad more sea salt and more cracked pepper. Once softened I used a potato masher to mash the squash, then set on simmer.

When the chicken was done I picked the meat and added it to the pot with the squash along with the broth and carrots from the dutch oven.

Excellent Stew, give it a try!

P.S. When you're done picking the chicken carcass be sure to use the leftovers to make a nice chicken stock.

tumbleweed is offline Member
    And pretty, too!! Thanks.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    That looks as though it would be fab "jelled" with some gelatin leaves, tipped into a mould to set and turned out as a cold, shimmering summer lunch dish to eat with salad!

Dalton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    That looks as though it would be fab "jelled" with some gelatin leaves, tipped into a mould to set and turned out as a cold, shimmering summer lunch dish to eat with salad!
    Gotta be a Brit