Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I feel so naughty!!! page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm sitting here watching the Biggest Loser, eating a plate piled with bacon and garlic... and yelling at the trainers!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

kam904s is offline Member

*bwhahahaha*

soror is offline Senior Member

mmmm! Bacon!!! I have a love/hate relationship w/ those kind of shows as well!

Mama to 4, wife to my love

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Been there done that - only with UK shows such as Supersize vs superskinny (= fat guy swaps diets with thin guy to much amusement, then after a week of crash dieting/overfeeding are sent away with CW's finest advice) or You Are What You Eat (="doctor"/quack Gillian Mckeith looking at your poo then telling you to eat mung beans)

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

"You Are What You Eat (="doctor"/quack Gillian Mckeith looking at your poo then telling you to eat mung beans)"

hahahah! wtf??

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

I'm seriously looking this up on YouTube right now. Sounds too funny to be true!

Oh this is ENTERTAINING. Poor health is due to fatty foods (emphasize that word in a British accent) of course. This Gillian is a bit of a bat.

Nah, Gil, poor health is that thing called SUGAR mixed with these fatty foods you goofy twit.

(Seriously though, vegan preaching or not, she's at least encouraging people to eat whole foods and not processed garbage.)

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

She calls herself a doctor but her degree/phd was bought in....

She gets results because she takes Mr-lives-on-5-pizzas-a-day and makes them cook, eat vegetables.

Not only does she examine your sh*te, but she talks it too.

My favourite explanation was why green leafy veg are good for you.... the chlorophyll gets into your blood and helps oxygenate it*. Oh, and some kind of bean (mung? borlotti??) helps "...clear up damp in the spleen".

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mckeith.html

She amuses me though.

*In order for this to work [stop giggling at the back!], the COMPLETE chlorophyll photosystems would first have to be retrieved from the plant cells [cellulose digestion? Pah!] and absorbed whole through the gut wall; remain whole in the bloodstream; not attract the immune system's attention; be exposed to sunlight [I'm pale, but I aint transparent!]; carry out the reactions and throw around some electrons; make sure those electrons don't get mopped up by the body; and finally turn your blood plasma into acid [H+ ions, anyway] with bubbles of oxygen. Yeah, sounds HEALTHY! Pass those cabbages!

Haha...Pizza addict switches to salads. Loses 20 pounds. Breaking news!

I must have missed the episode where she talked to the poo. She sent it to a lab and said "the poo confirms the absence of vitamin B6."

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Oh yes, the British diet shows are hilarious. I steer well clear. Of course we do also get our own British Biggest Loser show but it's relegated to a satellite channel and I don't think I've ever watched it. I watched one series of the US show - it's strangely compelling. It reminded me of that old Japanese show, Endurance. Only with fat people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast