Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super secret ninja journal: Preparing for Tough Mudder page

unsuperb is offline Senior Member

Super secret ninja journal: Preparing for Tough Mudder

Primal Fuel
    So, I have another journal floating around, but I'm abandoning it (for shame).

Was doing the primal/paleo thing quite successfully for a year'ish and then life happened, I started drinking and well, it all went to poo'. I also signed up for Tough Mudder in September and am currently in the worst shape I've been in in quite some time. Soooo, it's about time to fix that as September is not that far away, and I can't reliably climb across monkey bars.

Currently, I'm training for sevens rugby (ick) and starting up Brazilian jiu jitsu (ha! so uncoordinated). I'm aiming to start Wendler's again, but with baby weights (single tear).

First baby step goal: not to look like a fat, bastard when I fly down to Arizona to see a childhood friend for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

Eats:
    IF till 11, ated rest of chicken chowder
    roasted chicken breast, carrots, a taste of weird Indian sweet thing
    some beef thats destined for a salad (ick), hot wings of amazingness, and this frozen banana coconut pudding topped with roasted balsamic vinegar strawberries

Play/movin:
    1.5'ish hours of rugby, wherein I became a cranky bitch
    energy wasnt quite as good as previous times, I blame drinking last night

Eats: Not as good as some days, but not as bad as others
    Chicken wings and cauliflower
    Beef salad goodness
    Aaaand then two nutella swirl chocolate chip cookies (plus some of the dough while making it and the nutella)
    More beef strips
    I also intend on trying the cake batter chocolate bark I'm whipping up, sacrifices, I know.

1'ish hour of jiu jitsu, waaay more intensive than last time.
    I need to work on coordination

La, new approach: rough counting o' calories, not to see where I can cut, but uh, to make sure I fucking eat. I have no idea how to listen to body cues anymore, it shows by my eating habits. With the level of activity I wish to maintain, definitely need to be consuming more. I draw inspiration from one Mistress Batty, and shall be aiming to up carb-age load, which may be challenging, but I loves me a good challenge.
    The end.
    (also, only went to jiu jitsu once this week, for shame. stupid school).

Eats thus far:
    B: Scramble consisting of: carrots, bok choy, lamb and eggs. finished it off with some mashed bananas and cinnamon.
    Coffee

Debating on a five mile run, but also have rugby tonight. Should get started on homework, piss /whine.

L: Chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli, strawberries with vinegar mixed into plain yogurt.
    D: Beef, chard, spring onions, watermelon, aaand vino.

5.3 mile run/ramble with the dahg.
    Roughly 2 hours of rugby practice.

Week 1 of experiment going well:

Went from 174 to 166, which is not an accurate reflection whatsoever given the former number was definitely bloat and the latter reflects my dehydrated state after drinking last night.

Making an effort to eat enough calories (totally was not previously) while also increasing carbs. Thus far, not too shabby and definitely incorporating a lot of "naughty" foods I had previously cut out.

Also, activity levels were zilch as I've been sleep deprived and trying to wrap up last minute class assignments. Probably for the best.

Mini-rant: I hate when people use the whole "I went grocery shopping and lugged all the bags home" and count it as exercise. Fuck that, that should be part and parcel of what you should be able to do.

Ass is sore from squats; waiting for the soreness to set in from doing med-ball sit-ups. Debating on a rugby tournie vs no-gi BJJ; I think the latter will win out 'cause I love me some no-gi action.

Eats are fairly under-control considering I'm ramping up for ladytime, so if I don't eat my face off=big success.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    I hope you update more. I've always had a keen interest in the secret lives of ninjas.

;3

I'm jealous! I wish I could afford jiu jitsu classes. I wanted to do kung fu but my parents just laughed in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    I hope you update more. I've always had a keen interest in the secret lives of ninjas.

;3

I'm jealous! I wish I could afford jiu jitsu classes. I wanted to do kung fu but my parents just laughed in my face.
    Dun be jealous, I'm super spastic and lacking focus and hop around to various things. Jiu jitsu didn't last long, but now I'm riding ponies which is ten times more cooler than wrasslin' around with awkward teen boys going through puberty.

I'm kicking the idea around of journaling again, but it would be so much of the same things over and over. TBD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast