Thread: another one for the ladies page

JamieBelle is offline Member

Shop Now

I haven't noticed any significant difference in my periods since going primal back in August (I think my Mirena has more power over my periods than my diet...I still have a regular cycle though), BUT....I have always had a tendency to be ravenously hungry the first couple days of my cycle. I started today and I'm starving. I ate a normal primal diet today and normally I'd be just fine. But I'm starving. Why is this, and should I ignore it or what? I'm not trying to lose weight, but it just seems weird.

Del Mar Mel Guest

Did you eat enough protein? It seems to be the only thing that tames the appetite that comes at that time of the month. My trainer's standard response to hunger is to eat some protein. It has definitely worked for me.

JamieBelle is offline Member

Yeah I normally have to be careful not to eat too much. I only weigh 102. I try to keep my protein between 80-100 grams; today it was like 92.

go_ginger_go Guest

I get ravenously hungry when I'm ovulating (but not once my period starts). Look out! She's eating again!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I'm on depo and have been for years. I just don't want to deal with the monthly stuff so I remain on it. Anyways, I notice even with no period I still have "bingy" temptations about once a month. I try not to give in, but usually fail. :P

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

Yes, Ive experienced this also, along with the monthly gifts of sugar cravings and bloat. Instead of overeating (or eating too much dark chocolate) like I usually do, Ive tried eating more fat, which seems to work. Sometimes I'll lick a few spoonfuls of coconut oil

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

I used to get the hunger thing before going primal, but now I don't. But more fat might help?