Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobody knows what i'd be without you... page 2

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What people call "salsa" can be all over the map. There are salsas that are pretty much glorified ketchup, others more like tiny chinks of tomato and onion and stuff (pico de gallo), some made with tomatillos, chipotle salsas and many more. Not saying you need to eat salsa, just that growing up in the Southwest has shown me more types of "salsa" than I can count, so don't write them off just yet. Try a couple of different ones and you might find one you love.

I have a hard time with jerky because I can't eat sodium nitrite, and that's in the vast majority of them. Wish I could give you a good brand, but it seems all of the ones I've found so far either have the nitrite or a bunch of sugar. Frustrating.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

liminal_luke is offline Member
    I like the pico de gallo type salsa. Just dice some tomato, onion, and serrano or jalepeno pepper. Add lime juice and salt and thatīs it! If you want you can also chop in some cilantro or even cucumber.

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member
    I can give it a try, but i've honestly never liked any of that stuff, save the lime juice, cilantro and cucumbers. Not sure what it is with the onions but i know that with the tomatoes it's the acidity. the simple taste of tomato on it's own makes me want to gag. i've tried them fresh grown, too. but, then again, maybe i've just not found the proper application for them yet.
    A rose by any other name.

So, it's the start of Day 2. I got up early enough to make breakfast, but not early enough to eat it at the house, so i packed it up and brought it to work with me. I made my three scrambled eggs and cheese cooked in butter again. DELISH! I've got my coffee with the stevia sweetener in it, and all seems good. Until i get to the gate house. I'm working the front gate today and tomorrow, instead of the campground gate, and somebody bought a dozen GLAZED DOUGHNUTS....and the box is just sitting there, mostly full....with the word EAT written nice and big on the top. I was starving when i walked in and saw those, so it was like awwww......you bastards! it's ok, though, they don't know any better, and besides, if i can quit smoking, i know i have better will power than to give in to a growling stomach and free doughnuts when i have my yummy eggs waiting for me in the lunchbox.

So here I sit at work with my yummy eggs and coffee. I know i need some bacon on that as well, but we didn't have any, and i'm a broke hoe, as previously stated. we did have some thick ass steaks in the freezer, so i cut one in half and grilled up myself some good steak. So i have grilled steak seasoned with garlic and black pepper, perfectly charred, with steamed carrots and broccoli as the side. and I have a carrot (big carrot) and some sunflower seeds if i get in a snacky mood.

Since i can't go walking around when i'm at the front gate, I brought my 5lb weights. I'll work on some "stationary" exercises. I'll post more later today. A toute a l'heure

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Here's a jerky recipe you can make at home. I plan on trying it some time soon.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30428-2.html

It sounds like you planned really well for your day at work. Mmmm, steak

Put that stupid box of donuts somewhere you can't see it, or put a jacket or something over the top of it, so it can't look at you. Can you give donuts to the park guests to get them out of there faster? LOL!
    Last edited by belinda; 05-23-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

So, I was still tired when I got done eating my breakfast, and to keep myself from falling asleep and snacking all day on the little food that i have, I decided to clean. I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the really bad spots on the floor, and then mopped. It took me about an hour to do it all. I'm going to clean the glass next. Now, i feel awake, and a little overheated, but thats because i'm in a hut with no air conditioning on. I have it, but I prefer not to use it. Now i'm thinking of taking a break, sitting with my coffee while i watch Ghost Adventures, and possibly eat my lunch. If i feel hungry.

mmmmmmm......lunch!

So i'm leaving work in half an hour. I'm content as of right now. I think i'm going to take a nap when i get to my second job, and then when i clock on at 5, i'll get a burger, nix the bun, from Paradise Grill (angus beef baby!) Would it be terrible of me to get fries? I'm kind of tired of salad already.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Can you get sweet potato fries? Or maybe a baked potato with some butter or sour cream?
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Not sure...I'll have to see. I doubt it. I know they have things like onion rings and fried mushrooms, so i doubt they'd have a baked potato. they don't really go for healthy, they just go for "good home cooking"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast