Thread: Primal Journal - Cletc page

Cletc is offline Member

aa aa

Shop Now
    aa
    Last edited by Cletc; 04-08-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. At 131, it should be fine to start slowly. Main things: ditch sugar, ditch wheat (rye, barley,oats, corn meal), cut back on processed foods, get plenty of vitamin D (either sunlight or supplement.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Here's the simplest of meal plans:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, 2-4 slices of bacon
    Lunch: large salad with mixed greens (no iceberg lettuce!), other non-starchy vegetables, 1/2 avocado, 4-6 oz of protein (fish, beef, pork, chicken, etc.), olive oil/vinegar dressing
    Dinner: dinner plate with 1/2 holding steamed non-starchy vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, dark leafy greens - either cooked in healthy fat or dressed with healthy fat (butter, ghee, coconut oil, olive oil), 1/4 to 1/2 plate holding protein (see lunch selections). If you need a starchy vegetable it should fill less than 1/4 of the plate (small white potato, small sweet potato, small helping white rice).

Try not to snack, but if you do, keep it primal: SMALL handful of nuts, a couple of pieces of dark chocolate (72% or higher), berries (fresh or frozen, less than 1 cup), half an apple with a tablespoon of almond butter.

This meal plan doesn't include dairy (other than butter), but if you want to eat some dairy, think 35% cream, hard cheese, full-fat yogurt, full-fat cottage cheese. Nothing skimmed or low fat!

Hope this helps you get started! Tweak it to your likes and dislikes.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    I've found I've got to be all or nothing with this.

Empty your cupboards of anything non primal (take it to a friends if yr unsure)

Stock up on meat joints.

I personally have found that roasting (or pressure cooking) a joint most nights really easy (along with a couple of ready cooked chickens from the supermarket).

That way have the hot meat and veg (not potatoes) or salad for tea and have cold left over meat during the next day.

I add salad and/or prawns to this if I'm peckish.

Morning I also may or may not have a couple of egg omelet with peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.

I've only been on it for 3 weeks but its going great for me - and I'd look at it in stages.

1 - Get off the refined sugar and grains (I still have a couple of bars of 85% chocolate and a couple of punnets of strawberries a week btw as well as losing weight)

2 - When your diet is stabilised and you're in a routine - adjust to suit till you lose weight if you haven't already been doing so

3 - Add in more exercise and weights

4 - Enjoy your new healthier lifestyle free of sugar cravings and constant energy up and downs.

Btw - I know many will say this is too relaxed ie chocolate, strawberries and roast carrots, parsnips etc but coming off refined and processed junk is a major start - so I'd concentrate on that first and weight loss second. After saying that I have lost almost 1st in 3 weeks but I had plenty to lose as I was just mainlining sugar and had swelled up like a balloon

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Stay tough! You can do it

We've all been through this and it's worth it on the other side!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hi

Are you drinking enough water and eating regularly - remember baby yourself for a few days.

I used to get terrible headaches every time I came off either caffeine or sugar - if that's the case here then keep going you'll be fine tomorrow - if not then make sure you're eating enough - cook a roast joint of anything and have it with roast veggies - if you feel hungry just have some cold with salad - remember the idea is not to starve.

PrimalCon New York
    Today is Day #10
    I'm watching my carbs - in an eyeball it sort of way -- not logging.

Anyway, things are good !
    Great

I wouldn't bother cheating as it will only make you feel worse in the longer term - I like Strawberries and 85% chocolate and DH like Red Wine which are all perfectly primal but still feel like tempting "cheats" for us.