Thread: Grassfed Beef Back Ribs: Best way to cook? page

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member

Grassfed Beef Back Ribs: Best way to cook?

I got 1.5lbs of 100% local grassfed beef back ribs. I want to know what is the best way to cook them.

Is it possible to have them medium rare? I love my beef rare/medium rare, though I think it would be impossible to do that when it comes to ribs...........

Thanks

Len
    Len is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ribs are tough enough that I like to cook them slowly for a while to tenderize them...with a process like that, I've found it difficult to cook them medium rare, but because of the fat content, they maintain their juiciness really well.

Typically, I put a wire rack on a sheet pan, season the ribs with BBQ rub and put them on the rack. Then I put a bit of beef stock in the pan (maybe a half cup or so), cover the whole thing tightly with foil, and put in a 225 degree oven for two hours, until they're tender.

Then, all that's left to do is toss 'em on the grill for a few minutes per side to get them charred (I usually make SOG's bbq sauce for this or use a good, not-too-sweet bottled sauce), and serve.

I've also made them in the slow cooker with great results, but I definitely prefer the taste of grilled bbq ribs.