Thread: Question about LHT page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

Question about LHT

Primal Fuel
    Hello...

I belong to Butterfly Life. It is circuit training and you do two machines then jump on a rebounder and you do the whole circuit twice that way (two machines, jump, two machines, jump...). After becoming primal I increased the weight tremendously and do as heavy as I can. What I am wondering is if I should skip the rebounding in between the machines and just focus on the lifting with a little rest in between instead or continue the rebounding which keeps my heart rate up? Last time I went I skipped the rebounding and did the circuit 3 times. Not sure what is best.

I do the circuit once a week right now... I would like to do it twice and am trying to fit it into my schedule. I also walk my dog everyday for an hour and do Tabata sprints once a week.

Thanks for your input!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You don't need to be concerned about maintaining a high heart rate when lifting heavy things. Just lift heavy things, rest, and lift more heavy things until you can't lift any more heavy things.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

That's what I was thinking... thanks!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Tabata for springs is bad imo... it takes a while to get to top speed and it takes a while to slow down...

What do you suggest for sprints, then, arthurb999? I was just doing some hill sprints and walking in between and then I started doing Tabata sprints about two weeks ago.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    When you are trying to increase your strength, rest as long as you need to in between sets - and lift a little more each and every time you go to the gym, don't "gauge" your energy level and choose a weight on the particular day, know what you did last time and make yourself attempt a little more the next time. Save the trampoline stuff for after you are done with your workouts - if you are truly lifting heavy stuff, you will probably be too tired and dizzy from your sets to go run onto a trampoline. For me, I know, that would be disaster!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Just do hill sprints and rest enough in between...6-8 75 to 100 meter hill springs is plenty

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Tabata for springs is bad imo... it takes a while to get to top speed and it takes a while to slow down...
    Tabata works well with hill sprints though. You are at 100% effort immediately, and slowing down is automatic

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Hello...

I belong to Butterfly Life. It is circuit training and you do two machines then jump on a rebounder and you do the whole circuit twice that way (two machines, jump, two machines, jump...). After becoming primal I increased the weight tremendously and do as heavy as I can. What I am wondering is if I should skip the rebounding in between the machines and just focus on the lifting with a little rest in between instead or continue the rebounding which keeps my heart rate up? Last time I went I skipped the rebounding and did the circuit 3 times. Not sure what is best.

I do the circuit once a week right now... I would like to do it twice and am trying to fit it into my schedule. I also walk my dog everyday for an hour and do Tabata sprints once a week.

Thanks for your input!
    Certainly skip the rebounder - this is "play". And maybe skip the machines and do some free weights :-) ? But seriously - what machines are you using.