Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you eat after training? page 3

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Karate Lisa View Post
    Thought I had read somewhere that eating sugar or high fat post work out was counterproductive. Anyone else know about this?
    Actually meal timing is completely irrelevant, just hit your goal macros for the day and you will be a-okay!!

God I'm starting to sound like the bros on the nutritional section forum at bodybuilding.com
    Hahaha

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irishhandgrenade View Post
    I started going to a local mma gym near my work. After I train I am hungrier than a MOFO. Last night I was so hungry I ate like shit. I didnt care. What does everyone eat after training?
    BBC iPlayer - Frontiers: Muscle Wastage

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    To summarize all the responses, it sounds like the answer to the question "what should I eat PWO?" is lots of primal food, maybe with some good carbs. If you're going for quick an easy however, the coconut milk/protein/cocoa shake sounds good and quick.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

jennachica is offline Member
    Quick question, I am trying to loose the dreaded 'last 10-15lbs' that are NOT budging. I am a 5'6" female, currently 140, was 125-130 most of my CW adult life.......I maintain and build muscle fantastically, but the BF ain't coming down unfortunately (thank you Viking heritage). I've really mainted quite a bit more muscle since going Primal, but now with the fat now really melting my clothes dont fit at all, ugh.

Currently having lean protein cooked in coconut oil and veggies PWO, should I be incorporating some starchy veggie to my meal on heavy lifting days (I train hard, weights 3x week, sprints 2-3x week, lots of walking)? I am a bit apprehensive to try full carb cylcing with just the last 10lbs to loose, so any suggestions would be apprehiated!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennachica View Post
    Currently having lean protein cooked in coconut oil and veggies PWO, should I be incorporating some starchy veggie to my meal on heavy lifting days (I train hard, weights 3x week, sprints 2-3x week, lots of walking)? I am a bit apprehensive to try full carb cylcing with just the last 10lbs to loose, so any suggestions would be apprehiated!
    I think it would only help considering how much you train. I too was scared of carbs but after incorporating them, my results (mood, bodyfat loss, muscle gain) were better. I eat TONS of potatoes (probably ~200g of carbs worth), some fruit, and lean meat post-workout. Check out Leangains for more info.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    @jennachica You also might want to look at your body comp percentages. I know there's a danger zone with respect to having too low of a BF %.

jennachica is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    @jennachica You also might want to look at your body comp percentages. I know there's a danger zone with respect to having too low of a BF %.
    True, I'm having it done on Monday so I'll report back then and go from there!

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member
    My ideal PWO meal is a grass-fed NY Strip, baked sweet potato and a big salad with EVOO-based dressing.

Getting protein is never hard for me...it's usually the veggies that are the challenge for some reason.
    iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

pdoerner3 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrockinOut View Post
    Actually meal timing is completely irrelevant, just hit your goal macros for the day and you will be a-okay!!

God I'm starting to sound like the bros on the nutritional section forum at bodybuilding.com
    Hahaha
    Post workout nutrient timing is actually very important. You have about a 45 minute window post workout where your muscles are most open to adaptation. Depending on what type of workout you just did that could either be an increase in added muscle or mitochondria etc. Especially after a hard workout, your muscles are in a catabolic state and if you want to switch to an anabolic state you need to get in nutrients. The best way to stop catabolism is by increasing insulin as it is a very anabolic hormone. Thus, post workout it is actually beneficial to consume some type of simple sugar. I'm not saying eat a whole loaf of white bread, but a low fiber high sugar fruit like banana or kiwi or orange is extremely beneficial.

judoka is offline Member
    White rice pudding made with coconut milk with scoop of whey powder and a handful of trail mix. Delicious and works perfectly!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast