Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you eat after training? page 2

Karate Lisa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thought I had read somewhere that eating sugar or high fat post work out was counterproductive. Anyone else know about this?
    "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karate Lisa View Post
    Thought I had read somewhere that eating sugar or high fat post work out was counterproductive. Anyone else know about this?
    It usually takes me an hour or two to get food after my workout anyway.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Mandolin is offline Senior Member
    Brown pork sausage in skillet...add shredded sweet potato & coconut oil...cook until sweet potato is tender. Stir in cinnamon. Fry egg...put on top of sweet potato hash. Post-workout bliss.
    Results Pics:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

jostle is offline Senior Member
    I typically am so exhausted i can't eat till and hr or 2 after. Usually i start cooking something and during the cook time I'll cut hunks of cheese off the block, pickles, multiple handfuls of nuts, slices/scoops of butter, and random left overs. The cheese and pickle combo really hits the spot for some reason. maybe the electrolytes from the pickle juice and the cheese is just plain satisfying. One good mix is dark chocolate and a pad of butter. Take a square and cut a really thick pad of butter and place it on top. This combo is really a good treat.

Moxyfox is offline Junior Member
    I bake potatoes in batches and after workouts just munch on them until I feel full. Then I down that with a glass of milk and I can feel energy pulsating through my body. It's sooooo amazing.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I tend to eat plenty of protein - wherever I can obtain it: eggs, beef, lamb; and a side of veggies. I sometimes have a batch of berries.

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    1/2 lb of grass fed beef sauteed in coconut oil over a bed of arugula with half an avocado and various other veggies. Sometimes Ill have two scrambled eggs w butter if im really hungry. Even with that Im still hungry three hours later. No carbs for me, trying to lose those last 10. sometimes refeed days on weekends.

MajesticOne is offline Junior Member
    I usually have the Whea protein from Costco and add almond milk, a banana and some blueberries. Is this okay??

Majestic

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    banana, from what I've read here so far, isn't that ideal. I would say, if you want a potassium fix, I recommend coconut water, or juice.

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member
    Today, my husband and I had Greek meatza with a salad of shredded coleslaw mix with Asian dressing. We ate it about 40 minutes after our workout.
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast