Thread: How long does bone broth keep in the fridge. page

Silky is offline Senior Member

How long does bone broth keep in the fridge.

Shop Now
    I'm boiling up a pan now. How quickly do I have to eat it?
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I read in Mark Bitmann's "How to Cook Everything" (an awesome cookbook) that you can re-boil it every third day and keep it in the fridge for a long time (I think it was a month or so, maybe indefinitely). I freeze mine in glass jars and just take one out every three days or so, so that I can have a cup or so per day.

Alan M is offline Senior Member
    A neat trick I picked up from the freetheanimal.com blog is to pour the stock into ice cube trays and freeze them.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan M View Post
    A neat trick I picked up from the freetheanimal.com blog is to pour the stock into ice cube trays and freeze them.
    if you tend to make a lot, you can use mason jars (or as I do, cleaned out jars from tomato sauce or similar) leave room at the top and don't close the lids till they're frozen solid or the soup may break the jars.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I generally go no longer then 4 days with stock, although I have heard others extend that maybe a couple days longer if they bring it up to a boil before serving.

I freeze in 3 sizes, ice cube trays, quarts, and then a large container I can use for bigger soup batches. I need to get more ice cube trays, they tend to be what I use most commonly. They thaw the fastest and are easy to toss into a dish, veggies, or sauce real quick.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Probably about 5 days.

That's why I almost always freeze mine... even if I plan to use some of it within the next few days, better safe than sorry. (I freeze in 1 cup portions in little tupperware containers, then pop it out and into gallon-size freezer bags for storage.)
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    If you read cook books, they often claim that stock will keep almost indefinitely if you boil it up every three days. I don't believe that and like to use it within four days max - or freeze it.

Stock can go "sour" quite fast - at which point I find it extremely laxative......