Thread: Not new, but renewing! page

swedishdiva is offline Junior Member

Not new, but renewing!

Primal Fuel
    Hey all! I started out primal back in January and I've been sticking with it fairly consistently, but lately, this week in particular, I've noticed myself slipping from 8/20 to 60/40 primal. I need to reboot and restart! So, my commitment to myself for the next thirty days is as follows: (1) no nuts! (2) less fruit - only a half cup of berried 2-3/wk, and (3) most importantly - I'm going to aim from 4 one hour long hikes/week, and two fairly intense short lifting sessions. Love to hear any suggestions you all have for staying on track! I need to replace my regular morning/afternoon snacks (greek yogurt, nuts, berries) with something else a little less insulinogenic. Easy things. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Springbean is offline Member
    Good for you! Is very easy to let that 80/20 slip away.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    How are you figuring the 60/20? Snacks of Greek yogurt, nuts and berries are not enough to slip from 80 to 60. (Don't mean to discourage you. Do what you need to.)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by swedishdiva View Post
    Hey all! I started out primal back in January and I've been sticking with it fairly consistently, but lately, this week in particular, I've noticed myself slipping from 8/20 to 60/40 primal. I need to reboot and restart! So, my commitment to myself for the next thirty days is as follows: (1) no nuts! (2) less fruit - only a half cup of berried 2-3/wk, and (3) most importantly - I'm going to aim from 4 one hour long hikes/week, and two fairly intense short lifting sessions. Love to hear any suggestions you all have for staying on track! I need to replace my regular morning/afternoon snacks (greek yogurt, nuts, berries) with something else a little less insulinogenic. Easy things. Suggestions? Thoughts?
    It all sounds great, but greek yogurt, nuts and berries are part of the plan, not part of the 20%. The main thing to replace any snacks with though is...nothing. Don't snack at all. Eat bigger meals but don't eat more than 2-3 times per day.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/