Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: There MUST be a Six Pack Under There Somewhere: primaLeaf's Journal page 6

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Definitely the same thing that you do wouldn't work for me and vice versa. I absolutely stay away from fruit which isn't a bad thing for me just because I don't really like fruit. On a specially ocassion, sure I'll eat some. Grains make me furiously ill now. It just takes a bit of play to find what works for you.
    Georgette

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the diet is definitely a work in progress.
    I have some misgivings about the fruit as well honestly, mostly having to do with my deep distrust of fructose. Thinking I will up the veg first and just maybe just let down my guard on the fruit a little bit.

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Sweet potatoes are your friend, if you care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by unsuperb View Post
    Sweet potatoes are your friend, if you care for them.
    I do. Purchased and sitting on the counter

Today's moving around slowly involved an hour of digging up backyard weeds in the rain to prep for the vegetable garden I'm planning. Said vegetable garden may or may not happen based on whether or not the mysterious amount on my tax return transcript is money I still owe the IRS or not. Wah wah wah.

In terms of diet, today has seemed better, intuitively, which was the goal. Whether or not my intuition proves to be at all useful in my dietary alterations remains to be seen

I'm back on fitday. ( I know, I resolved to quit it like two days ago and have already gone back. I'm a sucker for a pie chart. And pie.)

So far, today looks like this:

B: Coffee and heavy cream; 2 Eggs in butter w/chorizo, onion, spinach and bell pepper

L: Banana w/almond butter; Salad w/romaine, chard, broccoli, mushroom, bell pepper, tomato, chicken (EVOO), mixed nuts and EVOO/balsamic/mustard dressing

?: Protein shake - ON 100% Whey w/unsweetened almond milk

According to fitday so far:
    Cal: 1489
    Fat: 66% @ 111.2g
    Carb: 16% @ 62.5g
    Protein: 18% @ 70.2g

Dinner will probably be awesome farmers' market grass-fed short ribs and artichokes w/mayo. I'll update numbers when I know for sure.

Overall changes for today:

Meals were more evenly spread out. Not intentionally, just worked out that way. I don't know how conducive this will end up being to fat burning, but it did FEEL balanced. Might just be a CW relic, remains to be seen.

More carbs. I was at or under 50 for a good part of last week and I think today I'm going to land around 70. Again, FEELS better, but not in any quantifiable way. Just seems more suitable for me. Still, it's only been a day, so it needs some more experimenting.

I read something about certain folks having more luck burning fat when they increased protein, so I'm generally looking to try that out. I feel like LHT has been pretty productive so that may benefit me in the muscle department as well.

I'm definitely more tired today than usual, but I also stayed out playing Scattergories until 11:30 last night. #thatswhatyoucallapartywhenyoureinalongtermrelatio nship.

** Thought it was about time I stopped creepin' and got an avatar. Sorry about the dipshit facial expression, it was the only picture I could find that didn't have other people in it.

Cheers.

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    I like this thread. Fact that you're around the same height/age as me, and before PB were nearish the same weight that I was makes me want to read and see what you're doing.

Plus bits of your first post made me giggle.
    And I have become slightly obsessed with the fact that Daily Burn can make pretty pretty charts of my fat/protein/carb intake.
    Last edited by sarah1990; 06-01-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: aaargh you're not your woman!!

@sarah1990 - Excellent! I think by watching what I'm up to from day to day you will find that I generally have no idea what I'm doing. Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, mostly. PB guidelines are fantastic though, and I'm sort of looking for my ideal formula within them at this point. I'll be interested to see what's working for you as well, given our similar stats. Obviously everything you do will be done with a much cooler accent, though.

Today:

B: 2.5 eggs with chorizo, spinach, onions, peppers (red & jalapeno), mushrooms and I was feelin' cheese today, so a little bit of cheddar on top

L: Whey & almond milk, Salad with left over chopped veg from breakfast, chicken, and almonds

MFAASP was inadvertently turned into LHT today. Went out in the backyard to take advantage of the rain an pull some more weeds, as well as load up the piles into a yard waste bin. Wow, those things get heavy quickly. Nearly dislocated both of my arms trying to drag it around to the front of the house through the mud and rock. It says max weight is 200lbs for pick up and I might kill someone if I have to unload and refill another bin because it's too heavy for the machine arm on the truck.

GF actually acknowledged that I have a bicep yesterday (only on the right arm) so clearly something is working.

On the menu for dinner tonight is grass-fed lamb and asparagus.
    Will probably do another protein & almond milk before then in line with current protein campaign.

OH, also, I've given up trying to be a tea person. I mean I enjoy a cup every now and then but, fundamentally, I am a coffee person. Tea, no matter how delicious, is not coffee. Established this last night with a beautiful cup of post-dinner decaf.

Weather out here still sucks. Rain and below-average temps for the foreseeable future? Sure! Thanks, California! Not like I was expecting you to make up for last Summer's shit weather. Keep stickin it to us to prove to the disbelievers that climate change really exists!

That is generally my approach, the "fingers crossed I'm doing it right because I am pulling all ideas for this meal out of nowhere!"
    The book and this forum are definitely a great help in staying on the right track or at least learning more useful info.

Also how can you have "2.5" eggs. Where does the half egg come from?!

Haha, good catch! Making breakfast for two, is how I accomplished that numerical feat. 5 eggs in the pan split down the middle.

Oh haha, makes perfect sense!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast