Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where in North America is the best vacation spot? page 3

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sturgis South Dakota in early August.

kennethcollins121 is offline Junior Member
    This thread is perfect for me, because I'm planning to have some vacation in north america and I'm looking for the best spots of it. I will remember your suggestions. Thanks!

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Tampa, Florida. Plenty to do in the Tampa area and Orlando is only 2 hours away.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I love the NE and NW coasts. New England in the Fall is just beautiful.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Incindiary is offline Member
    I grew up ninety miles east of San Francisco and I heartily endorse all of Northern/Central California as a vacation destination.

To the west you have the City, Napa and Sonoma, Santa Cruz and Monterey. A little farther north on the coast you have Point Reyes, Bodega Bay, the Russian River area, and of course the redwoods.

To the east you have the Gold country in the Sierra foothills, Yosemite Valley, Sequoia National Park (Giant seqoia trees!). Go a little farther east still and you have the stunning gem that is Lake Tahoe.

If you like funky little farming communities, drive the levee roads of the Stockton Delta. Locke and Rio Vista were always favorite stops of mine.

I've also come to appreciate mid-sized American cities as vacation destinations. Think Kansas City, Nashville, Austin, Memphis, Tucson, etc. These places usually have incredible amenities - art museums, restaurants, places of historical significance - at much cheaper prices than larger cities like NYC and Chicago. NYC and Chicago are great destinations as well, just don't discount the smaller cities because you think there might be nothing to see there. There is a LOT to see.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Personally, I'm gonna do a Route 66 tour one of these days, preferably in a (rented) Jeep Wrangler or convertible Mazda Miata.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I agree, naiad. Due east from LA -- hit Palm Springs and Joshua Tree ... then on to the Painted Desert/Valley of the Dinosaurs, which is on Route 66 in Arizona. I was hearing lots of European accents along Route 66, in the Painted Desert.
    I think this may be my next road trip with the Primal Wolf Cub.

waterjen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If they want desert, take them from Socal due east for half a continent. They'll see most of the variations there are, aside from straight Sahara/ Outback dune deserts. Oh wait, that's in Monahans, so we have that too...
    Dune surfing rocks! The park rangers at Monahans State Park were particularly friendly when I visited a few years back.

Scrubby West Texas is gorgeous.

RuthGV is offline Junior Member
    San Fran!! Without doubt! Include Sonoma, Monterey, Carmel, and Yosemite! Totally gorgeous.

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Vancouver and Victoria (especially Victoria), BC: any season but autumn is both beautiful and holiday-friendly.
    Last edited by Ljphalen; 04-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The problem with vacation in North America is that it's just so cut off from the rest of the world. Nowhere to go in North America but North America!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast