Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expecting and wanting advice... page

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member

Expecting and wanting advice...

Shop Now
    I just found out my sister is pregnant, and I'd like some advice on primal living while pregnant. I want to know if that would be the best thing she could do for her baby compared to CW.
    A rose by any other name.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Without doubt. Get her a copy of Deep Nutrition by Cate Shanahan
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Where can i find that at?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    don't push info on her. pregnant ladies get enough of that, so if you want to influence her just casually drop little bits of info interspersed in conversation. "i recently read that adequate vitamin K from leafy greens is essential to prevent stretch marks AND for proper bone development." so, get the above book, read it yourself, and drop little bits into conversations. if/when she wants to know more, she'll ask you because she knows that you're knowledgeable. this approach doesn't work if you've already evangelized and she's sick of hearing stuff from you.

Oh no, i've only casually mentioned PB to her before. See, I actually don't talk to my sister much. We don't really get along, but due to pre-existing health issues on her part, there is a good chance something not so savory could happen in the end, and i want to make amends. Offering my congradulations/support and my advice on PB is my way of doing so. I'll buy her the book, and suggest it, but i won't push it on her. You can't push things on my sister, anyway. If she doesn't want to, she won't. End of story.

Paleobird Guest
    The Paleo Child

This is the blog of one of our forum members who has first hand experience with Primal pregnancy and child rearing. It might be a more engaging read than pushing academic papers at her.

Yeah i copied the link to send to her already. It was an awesome story.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabraham2 View Post
    Yeah i copied the link to send to her already. It was an awesome story.

Oh my God, Becca, I thought you were going to tell us that YOU were pregnant! Congratulations to your sister.

Here is a fascinating tale of Primal Pregnancy from a devoted dad:

Paleo Baby

Basically, she should eat lots of high fat, nutrient dense foods, avoid sugar/processed crap, and do the same for baby!

Here is a wealth of information from the excellent Weston A Price foundation:

Pregnancy

Yay, babies!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    If you don't really get along, I'm not sure why you think she will be receptive to this idea... Think of it from her perspective, it will probably look like you're pushing some diet book on her and dieting is not a fun idea for a pregnant lady. Obviously we know this is not just a fad diet, but it may look that way. You said you would buy her "the book" - Do you mean The Primal Blueprint?
    I have another suggestion... What if you offered to make her home-cooked meals during her pregnancy? Or for a baby shower, got her a "coupon" for home-made baby food from you? That would come across as less preachy and she could see for herself that primal living is tasty and feels good.

see, for the most part she already does live primally. I basically just want to offer her the material so she can read it over and make the decision herself, and thats exactly what i was planning on saying to her as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast