Thread: My rant to end all rants... page

Fruitlover is offline Member

My rant to end all rants...

Shop Now
    I'm starting a new thread here. Some of you have been following my 30 day trial of the paleo diet. I fell sway to the vegan gurus for many, many years. You can access my trial here:

Paleo Diet Experiment: A Former Vegan Gives It A Try for 30 Days

And as for my rant, here you go:

Paleo Diet Trial Day 6: A Former Vegan Gives It A Try for 30 Days

I encourage you to share this with any young person you know who is considering veganism, or any adult vegan of your acquaintance who is open-minded enough to hear the truth.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    I'm following this.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Hi Nion! I'm still thanking you for that anemia reference. It made so much sense...

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Awesome rant. And I'm showing my hand. I didn't gain a lot, but I didn't lose anything, and my recovery from athletics was way, way slower when I was a vegan. Under a primal/paleo diet, I'm able to do strength exercises with minimal muscle pain the day after. Under veganism, I could go a week and be hardly able to walk. Ugh.

Mammoth toppler is offline Junior Member
    I tried high-fat veganism for a short while, staying away from grains. Basically I ate tempeh, tofu, vegetables, olive oil, nuts, avocado, chocolate, sweet potatoes, coconut, hempseed, seeds, fruits, beans etc. I managed it ok for about a month, but then I'm only 5'3 and 110 lbs so I have a relatively low protein requirement anyway. After a while I went back to sushi and meats; my primal diet actually started from my vegan - I added back in all the meats and butters and animal fats, and cut out the legumes.

Though I did fairly well with non-processed high-fat veganism (as opposed to low-fat and high carb, which I had been doing before), I must say the non-processed primal diet has blown everything out of the water. It may not solve all people's medical problems magically or equally, but to me Primal (with some slight adjustments, such as high-fat dairy) has basically been a panacea. Long live grokkery

PrimalCon New York
    "It may not solve all people's medical problems magically or equally, but to me Primal (with some slight adjustments, such as high-fat dairy) has basically been a panacea. Long live grokkery"

I originally reintroduced animal products last fall, but didn't eat them with any regularity until this trial. One of the things that pushed me to start eating meat again was this wonderful article by a woman who had about 20 years experience trying to make raw veganism work for her. She ate almost the exact same things Mammoth toppler says she ate, specifically during the periods when she was eating some cooked foods.

Anyway, I think everyone on this forum would really enjoy it. It really struck a chord with me, and I'm sure others here will feel the same:

Sharrhan Williamson: dietary bio