Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One for the ladies.... page

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Ladies/women/gals

I am experiencing my second pain-free period since going primal and am over the moon!

I always had the most excruciating pain, PMS, IBS and extremely heavy overall unpleasant periods, ever since the first time.

Is this what I can expect for the rest of my primal life, do you know/think? Or is it just the honeymoon period? And what, in your opinion, is the main cause of this improvement?

So totally happy - although the slightly weird thing is unless I keep a really close eye on the calendar, I could find myself in an awkward situation - previously I got *plenty* of warning!

Sorry if that was a bit ooky....

maba is offline Senior Member

PrimalK, the absence of PMS pains was the clincher that made me realize Primal is the way to go. I've always had excruciating cramps and my PCP, like all well-intentioned CW physicians, pumped me with ibuprofen. She'd make me start taking them 2-3 days before my period started. But after going primal, I haven't had the need to. When I was in India this summer and had to go non-Primal for a month, I had one of the worst episodes ever.

I still get the warning though - just a really mild pain 2 days before it starts.

I'd always dread my period but not anymore. It's just like any other day now. I'm so glad to know that you too have experienced the same benefits from PB that I did.

nina_70 Guest

YES, I've had a hugely improved period since going Primal. I still get pain, but it's an incredible improvement compared to previously. Also, I've got virtually no PMS...I used to get very tender breats and hard cramping starting 1 week prior to my period. This past cycle I was actually "surprised" when I got my period because I didn't have any PMS! So, I'm w/ you!

Oh wonderful news!

@maba - sorry you had to go through a relapse after having to eat non-primal. Yuck.

@nina - surprised is definitely the right word! I also used to get a little 'mini' period a few days before (apparently according to CW doctors, totally normal) and now that has gone too!

It's amazing how quality of life improves all round - or maybe not so amazing when you think about it.... hmmm!

I'm really pleased that you both had these great benefits too. Such a relief not to feel so awful for so many days each year!

nina_70 Guest

@PrimalK - Yeah, the improvement in my period, and dissapearance of my IBS were the 2 most amazing things that have happened to me on Primal. I've lost some weight too, of course, but the other things I never expected. I was eating fairly low-carb before I went Primal, so for me it was the grains that made the difference. No grains = no IBS and no PMS!

And yeah, surprised was the word. I was teaching a class when it happened and had to rush home. I really couldn't believe I didn't have any warning. It was the first time in 25 years of having periods that I didn't know it was coming. 25 years!

Oopsy! Yes, my surprise was the first in (thinks a moment)... 28 years (I started young).

I second it being the grains. I've had the odd bit of chocolate and other non-primal things in the past 6 and a bit weeks, but I've been fiercely grain-free. IBS - gone. PMS - gone.

Feels like a new life, to be honest! Oh yes, and I lost what I now call my 'gluten coat'. My realy body was hiding underneath all the time!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I'd like to join the club. I no longer have painful periods and I went primal only 4 months ago.

I think the painful cramps might have something to do with inflammation caused by wheat and other grains.

I'm reading Fertility Awareness right now and it sure sounds like inflammation is what might be causing pain and tenderness.

animalcule is offline Senior Member

Lucky. The only thing that has an effect on my negative period symptoms is lots of yoga.. which I am not doing currently. Ugh, cramps.

Since going primal I get constipation as part of my PMS, which I never had before. *sigh*

maba is offline Senior Member

I too think it was wheat and possibly sugar. Following some misguided advice that wheat is healthier than rice, the husband and I ate Indian flatbread made w/ wheat for dinner almost everyday. These days I eat rice once in a while and do eat dark chocolate, and have none of those past symptoms. My husband used to take proton-pump inhibitors for his acid reflux. Now that I have cut out wheat from his diet, he doesn't need them any more. I'm not sure if this is a placebo effect, but my moods have stabilized tremendously too. The last time I picked up a fight with the husband was after eating a teeny bit of Italian bread at a restaurant - blame it on the wheat LOL!!

misathemeb is offline Member

PrimalCon New York

i wish i would get a period i thought going primal might bring it back but so far no dice!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast