Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My Success Story... at least, the first bit. page 8

MCDowling is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love this post thanks. Your story is very encouraging.

dlkenny is offline Junior Member
    100%. That's what I've learned. I do not have much weight to lose but decided to do this to be supportive of my wife who wanted to start a "diet." I figured what the heck I have about 40 lbs that I can lose so I will do it too. Let's just say I didn't realize the health issues I had until I started this. By the time my "low carb flu" passed (took 7 days) I had lost 7 lbs (mostly water I know) and I had so much energy I felt like a V8 engine idling at a traffic light. I noticed also that I didn't have gas or bowel pain and heartburn and indigestion that I'd accepted as part of life just totally disappeared. Its been amazing already and I look forward to posting in the future.

PrimalBelle is offline Junior Member
    Bravo! I wish you continued success. Thanks so much for sharing.

Happycamper is offline Junior Member
    Griff,
    First, congratulations, great story!

I have a question about the fitness portion. I suffer from osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease. I struggle with the lift heavy things portion. I do swim and do pull ups on the edge of the pool as well as yoga. In the past I have been unable to do pushups or pull ups because of my shoulders. Do you do full on hardcore stuff or have you found something that works for you. Should I feel okay about what I am doing or should I push myself to try the heavy stuff? It really scares me. I have been bedridden in the past from different schemes.
    Thanks for any input,

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    Happycamper, Griff hasn't been on the Forums for about 2 years now since he was criticized for not wanting to look thinner and fitter. He was satisfied with his health and people here on the forums decided that wasn't good enough so he left.

Regarding your situation do what is comfortable for your body as you heal. Bodyweight exercises can take you a long way. Stick with that until you're ready to move on to something more. If you have to stick to bodyweight exercises for the rest of your life, you won't be missing out

Kimdelacreme is offline Junior Member
    Great job. Very encouraging. I'm new & have about a 100 lbs to lose. Do you keep up with how much complex carbs you eat ? Or should I not worry about eating under 70 carbs? Just curious . Thanks, Kimdelacreme.

paparazzi is offline Member
    I tried Paleo 3 or 4 years ago and actually gained 7lbs. I don't know what I was doing wrong nor did I ask. I went raw after that, then vegetarian then plant based then plant based with an occasional red beef thrown in due to severe b12 deficiency. Yep, 4yrs trying to lose 100lbs. CRAZY. Yet, nothing about my health got better.
    However, I know more than I did 4yrs ago regarding nutrition and I know more than I did 3weeks ago as well (long story). We're going for it, started yesterday. I needed your story Griff, thank you. Thank you Mark also and all of you for your stories.

paparazzi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylandC View Post
    Happycamper, Griff hasn't been on the Forums for about 2 years now since he was criticized for not wanting to look thinner and fitter. He was satisfied with his health and people here on the forums decided that wasn't good enough so he left.

Regarding your situation do what is comfortable for your body as you heal. Bodyweight exercises can take you a long way. Stick with that until you're ready to move on to something more. If you have to stick to bodyweight exercises for the rest of your life, you won't be missing out
    That is terribly sad news for me, about Griff. Such an inspiration and then "poof." Not happy to hear that.

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Happycamper View Post
    Griff,
    First, congratulations, great story!

I have a question about the fitness portion. I suffer from osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease. I struggle with the lift heavy things portion. I do swim and do pull ups on the edge of the pool as well as yoga. In the past I have been unable to do pushups or pull ups because of my shoulders. Do you do full on hardcore stuff or have you found something that works for you. Should I feel okay about what I am doing or should I push myself to try the heavy stuff? It really scares me. I have been bedridden in the past from different schemes.
    Thanks for any input,
    As mentioned, Griff is not here, but as far as "lift heavy things" - what matters is that the "thing" is heavy to you, not that it's heavy to anyone else. Just do what you can do without hurting yourself.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678