Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a confession... page

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member

I have a confession...

Shop Now
    I think I actually LIKE doing squats.

I needed to up my game, since I hadn't been doing nearly enough in my workouts, so I started doing Stronglifts.

I was REALLY hesitant about all of the squats, but I've REALLY enjoyed them so far.

I think that makes me some sort of freak.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    No, it makes you a potential leg god, like me. Of course, I made the mistake of becoming a leg god with machine exercises, so now that I've switched over to squats my max weight has gone down 500lbs.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    I like squats too, especially when my toddler squats along with me, it's so cute! The difference in my legs after only a couple weeks is amazing.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    I love doing squats! I have kick-arse strong, muscular legs, so I like to use them, love expressing that strength and power!

(Or maybe it's just because I most like doing the exercises that I'm best at. )

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt81 View Post
    I think I actually LIKE doing squats.

I needed to up my game, since I hadn't been doing nearly enough in my workouts, so I started doing Stronglifts.

I was REALLY hesitant about all of the squats, but I've REALLY enjoyed them so far.

I think that makes me some sort of freak.
    Squats are the best. IMHO there is no exercise in terms of whole body involvement that comes close to a PR squat

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    No, it makes you a potential leg god, like me. Of course, I made the mistake of becoming a leg god with machine exercises, so now that I've switched over to squats my max weight has gone down 500lbs.
    Damn. If you can go down 500lbs on anything, that's still a lot of weight you were moving. You mean you squat 500lbs less than you leg press or what? I'm currently trying to get stronger overall and get my squat up to a respectable range. I did fairly high-rep squats, but with heavy (for me) weight on Monday and my legs are STILL sore. Reps will be lower next week, heh.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i never did squats before starting stronglifts, and they quickly turned into my favorite exercise. at first i wasn't wild about them, but once you start throwing some serious weight on the bar and hitting some PR's it's such an amazing feeling.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I like squats too... and at the gym I rarely attend there is never anyone on the squat racks.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    Love squats too, but like deadlifts even more.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Reena View Post
    Love squats too, but like deadlifts even more.
    deadlifts are pretty great too. of all the exercises, i think a nice, heavy deadlift makes me feel the most like a bad ass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast