Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Play really a vital component to achieving Grok-like health and fitness? page

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member

Question Is Play really a vital component to achieving Grok-like health and fitness?

Shop Now
    I just started PB on Sunday, and I've been asking myself what I can do to fulfill this, and I just keep thinking, "I have no idea what I would legitimately enjoy doing that Mark considers play. If I got fit and healthy and was able run worth shit, I might enjoy it. But at the moment, I'm 18, 170 pounds, female, and I can't run for a good twenty seconds without losing my breath.

Going out and joining a sport would just be humiliating at this point. So is it truly necessary?

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Advice for a newbie....don't over think it!! Go out and play. What do you like to do? Hike? Walk? Ride a bike? Just get outside in the sunshine and move your body in a way that is fun for you....that is play!! Best of luck with your new PB life.

Dharma_Punk is offline Senior Member
    Just go for a walk in the park or around the city, window shop while getting some sun, most of all just have some fun with it. The idea behind play is to enjoy yourself, get outside and get some sunshine, and have fun with life.
    “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” - William Londen

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    I took it to mean that you have to make time to enjoy yourself! Find something you like to do and make the time to actually *do* it, instead of just work, work, work all the time. It doesn't have to be ultimate frisbee. I just finished a drawing class at the local adult school. I think that counts

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sure drawing counts. You hear a lot about active stuff like ultimate frisbee. If it feels like play to you, it's play.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Do you like to dance? It's something you can do in the privacy of your own room

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Sage advice all. PB is a whole lifestyle prescription, and play is anything that you can use to unwind, unplug from everything that's clamoring for your attention, recharge your batteries. After all, what use is good health if you don't enjoy it?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Climb. A tree, a mountain, a playpark, it doesn't matter, it's all fun.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    what types of activities do you consider or think you would find fun?

busymom is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It doesn't need to be a sport, as others have said. Take a stroll or hike (on the beach, at the park, on a trail, in your neighborhood-wherever sounds good), throw a ball around with a kid or a dog, go for a fun swim, go bowling- whatever strikes your fancy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast