Thread: Anyone have opinions on Nike Frees? page

bpm
    bpm is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I'm interested in buying a pair (the Vibrams + NYC streets and subways cause me concern...). However, there are all different versions: v3, v5, v7. I guess they aren't into even numbers!

Anyone have insight on which 'version' is the closest to barefoot?

Anonymous Guest

I have the Nike Sparq's, which are a model in the free line. They're somewhere between vibrams (which I also have) and a normal shoe - a lot closer to a normal shoe than to the vibrams. I've been wearing my VFF's enough that I feel awkward doing things in the Sparq's.

I live in NYC and wear my VFF's quite a bit. I don't generally have problems, but a lot of people find them quite amusing on the subway. What concerns do you have? I find that they're not that big of a deal. The more annoying thing is the nasty puddles that I don't quite feel good about stepping in, which generally wouldn't bother me with regular shoes.

Anonymous Guest

IMO, something like the converse chuck's shoes would be closer to the VFF's than the nike shoes - they have no support, the sparq's at least still have the 'nike air' thing in them, just not any traditional support in the shoe for the foot.

I run in my Nike Frees and do everything else in my Vibram's. I used to run in my Vibrams, but came down on a random rock, pinched a nerve in my foot and was unable to run (or walk) for about a week. Any version is fine, if you go to Nike website, you can actually create your own pair.