Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - sarah1990 page

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member

Wink Primal Journal - sarah1990

Shop Now
    So I've realised that I probably need to write down what I'm eating. It seems to work for me when I'm losing weight to keep track of what has passed my lips as otherwise I find that I kid myself about what I've had.

It is currently 00:15 right now so won't be doing any posts regarding my days till later on as right now all I want to do is sleep!

I figure I'll throw in my experiences with PB and CrossFit in here, and as I like to take photos of my food (my Twitter followers put up with it a lot) there'll probably be some visuals to aid my posts.

Start weight: 172lbs
    Current weight: 167lbs
    Target weight: 150lbs
    Height: 5'10"
    Last edited by sarah1990; 05-19-2011 at 04:45 AM.

I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost a 1lb in 3 days. Doesn't seem like much but it means I have finally tipped back under 12 stone. Something I have been trying to do for AGES. I'm two weeks away from graduating from university, and 3 years ago when I started I was 10st 8. But I was unhappy with what I was eating, and miserable that no matter how long and how much I went to the gym I still wasn't toned.
    Now thanks to CrossFit combined with PB I'm losing weight and toning up!

I'd tried to get in to PB/Paleo back in February however I got glandular fever followed by tonsillitis so I spent about 6 weeks in a haze trying to finish important assignments, go to lectures and not keel over - so PB went out of the window because the last thing I wanted to be doing was cook. I pretty much lived on coco pops and toast. Thankfully because I was barely eating my weight didn't spike too much. I then went on The Zone with some of the girls with the gym and it was awful. Then I got tonsillitis again. As soon as I was better PB was on the cards, last week I made the decision to stop messing around and just bite the bullet and go primal.

I actually love cooking so this is proving to be good fun. I move home to my dads in a fortnight and he has a slow cooker so I will be coming up with some concoctions in that - and I've convinced him to do PB with me as he's been trying to lose weight and failing for a while.

I sold my car yesterday as I don't need it when I move home so I'm cycling everywhere now. 8 miles yesterday just for going to the gym and supermarket!

I've been taking a multi vitamin, but going to look in to some Vit D as apparently that might be the way to go to help boost my immune system.

B: 4 rashers of Canadian Bacon, 3 egg scramble, cup of green tea

S: Raspberries, cup of green tea

L: Soup, primal fudge

Todays WOD was a biatch. 1 minute prowler + 5 RFT of 5x24" box jumps, 10 toes to bar, 15KB swings (12kg), 200 meter run + 3x20 hollow rocks. And it was a 4 mile round trip to the gym. JELLY LEGS.
    Last edited by sarah1990; 05-19-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Meh, massive trouble sleeping. I had a big dinner and that's usually enough to make me want to sleep, but alas not.

I've even stopped having a nap in the afternoon as I haven't been crashing like I used to. It's just not fun when you want to go to bed at 11 and you're guaranteed to still be awake at 2.

On the plus side my primal fudge came out nicely.

Did take me a while to drop off but decent nights sleep once I did. Don't think my body has fully adjusted yet, plus the giving up caffeine seems to have eradicated the kick I usually get in the morning. Guess my body will get used to it.

B: Cup of decaf coffee + smoothie (half tin of coconut milk, handful of berries, spoonful of yoghurt) + 2 pork burgers with cheese wrapped in lettuce

I am annoyed. I went out last night which is a fairly regular occurrence as a student, though I have cut down my drinking considerably. All was going well until my friend wanted a Burger King on the way home, fine I'd go in with him. All the time he kept saying "Are you sure you don't want to eat anything?" "I can get you some chips or a burger or something?"

It was so annoying. Even if I was hungry I wouldn't be eating that rubbish. He didn't seen to understand that it was 4am and even though I hadn't eaten since 8pm I wasn't hungry.

Now my housemates have asked me about 6 times if I want to get pizza with them. NO.

Neglected my poor thread!

For lunch on Friday I had nandos, and the same for dinner =/
    I went there for lunch (half chicken w/coleslaw) and then the guys from the gym invited me post WOD (1/4 chicken). It was delicious and it NEVER makes me feel guilty eating there. I did go out for a few drinks that evening (2 ciders, 3 Bud 66's).

Friday WOD was (plus the cycle to the gym):
    A] Over Head Squat
    1 Round
    Max Weight @ 10+ Reps (Max Reps)

B] 12 AMRAP
    6 SDHP (50/30)
    12 Wall balls (9/6)
    18 Burpees

C] 50 Plate Situps (20/10)

Horrific as it looks.

I didn't get home till 5am therefore slept most of Saturday, which was really nice considering I've been struggling to sleep recently. And when I finally rose at 6.30 pm I wasn't hungry so had a couple of cups of green tea and was fine with that.

However that did mean this morning that I was ravenous.
    B: pack of prawns (cooked but unpeeled - I like peeling them!), cup of green tea, and then 4 rashers of bacon with 3 egg scramble
    L: Coconut milk, whey protein and blueberry smoothie
    D: Tacos!! PB style. Uh-ma-zing. Followed by some primal fudge (felt guilty for indulging for some daft reason)

A friend of mine is climbing Kilimanjaro so spent most of today at the local indoor climbing centre helping with their fundraising. Think I did 17 ascents in the end. Was so much fun, a great challenge and a great way to get some exercise!!

So I should be studying for my final exam, instead I keep looking through the Success Stories thread or cooking things!
    I made some pate which tastes delicious but I have now realised I'm not sure what to eat it with!! Any ideas?

B: 2 eggs friend + mushrooms + 1/2 avocado + cup of green tea
    L: Lamb steaks (they were reduced as sell by was today! kerching) + broccoli + water, I had dessert today, strawberries + cream. Lovely.
    D: Nothing, wasn't and still am not hungry.

I made some apple muffins. Also got the recipe for some carrot cake cookies, might make those tomorrow.
    Last edited by sarah1990; 05-23-2011 at 03:04 PM.

I've still be struggling to sleep. I guess I should just resign to the fact I'm not going to drop off till about 2am and keep studying up until about 1.30 - my exam is looking horrific so would be time well spent!

I discovered the shop round the corner now does smoked salmon trimmings for a pound. Happy days!!

B: 3 eggs scrambled + smoked salmon + black decaf coffee

I think this might be carb flu. I feeeeeel crap! Hopefully this will go soon.

S: Paleo apple muffins
    D: Taco salad + "fudge"

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to drop in and say hello. It seems you are kicking primal butt. I did find it amusing that while in college here in the US (many moons ago) I used to drink Newcastle Brown Ale and you in Newcastle are drinking Budweiser.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast