Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - sarah1990 page 2

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi! I'm glad someone has actually read my ramblings.
    Thanks. I'm paranoid I'm doing it wrong, but I worked out how much protein/fat/carbs I want/should be having and found an app that lets you manipulate the "what you should eat" pie chart rather than screaming that you must have 50% carbs! I also have discovered I need to be more patient. Not going to lose all the weight in a day.

Crazy. I'm sure Brown Ale does better on exports, think I've only tried it once. Still made me sad when they turned the brewery in to a hotel
    Last edited by sarah1990; 05-25-2011 at 05:58 PM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1990 View Post
    I'm paranoid I'm doing it wrong, but I worked out how much protein/fat/carbs I want/should be having and found an app that lets you manipulate the "what you should eat" pie chart rather than screaming that you must have 50% carbs! I also have discovered I need to be more patient. Not going to lose all the weight in a day.

Crazy. I'm sure Brown Ale does better on exports, think I've only tried it once. Still made me sad when they turned the brewery in to a hotel
    It sounds like you are doing it more right than I am. I just eat. I have no clue how much fat/carb/protein I eat a day. Patience is a virtue, so I have been told, but sadly it is not one I possess. England has some very good local breweries. It makes me sad how many people drink Bud, though the same is true here as well, and Bud Light flies off the shelves. Life it too short for bad beer.

B: Taco salad + green tea
    S: strawberries + paleo muffin
    L: Leftover chicken curry
    S: nakd cashew bar (those things are seriously AMAZING. just cashews and dates. that's it.)
    D: STEAK

We did CFT @ class tonight
    1 max rep:

Strict Press: 27kg
    Back Squat: 65kg
    Deadlift: 80kg

All PBs so I am really happy deadlift is 5kg more than I weigh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    It sounds like you are doing it more right than I am. I just eat. I have no clue how much fat/carb/protein I eat a day. Patience is a virtue, so I have been told, but sadly it is not one I possess. England has some very good local breweries. It makes me sad how many people drink Bud, though the same is true here as well, and Bud Light flies off the shelves. Life it too short for bad beer.
    Well it transpired stuffing my face is fine! I kept track of it all, and aside from my protein intake being a smidgen high, carbs and fat were near on perfect. Happy days! So might just stop tracking strictly even though I really like the app.

There are some great beer festivals as a result. Think there's about 6 small breweries within a 20 mile radius of my house, including a few pubs that make there own! Cardiff, where I've just graduated from university, is dominated by the Brains brewery. They do make rather nice ale!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Bud/Bud Light is the stink. If I wanted to drink piss water, well I could, eh nevermind lol. I'm hoping to one day get to jolly old England and sample some of your fine brews one day.
    Georgette

I've never had Bud Light. Quite like Coors Light though.
    Bud 66 has quite a nice honey flavour to it. Maybe as a student my tastes aren't as refined as they will be in a few years

I think it is possible to do a tour of the UK based on pubs and ales!

AmyKickass is offline Junior Member
    We have a lot of great beer here in the states too; small breweries in Texas are popping up all over the place with some really quality stuff. That being said drinking local stuff on holiday in England would be 1000 times better. Wouldn't mind a second chance on trying the local stuff-wasn't much of a beer drinker then and while the ciders were good, well...

Looks like you're doing really well with PB Sarah. Keep it up! Did I see you post somewhere that you're a rugby player? Going to keep going after university? I've been playing for six years, but with the concrete dirt and Texas heat I think it feels more like ten...
    Peace. Love. Steak.

Mmm cider. I had some stuff called 'black dragon' on friday, was awesome, proper good Welsh cider!

Thanks
    Yeah I do. Hopefully! I'm off to Canada in October so the snow means no rugby, but fingers crossed when I go down to Oz early next year I can find a team there.
    I couldn't imagine playing in the heat, we've done it a few times later in the season and it's horrible. The ground is so not forgiving!
    What position do you play?
    We've played a couple of touring US sides (one from UW-Lacrosse and one from West Point Military Academy) and alway so surprised by how skinny the girls are! Here we usually have at least one or two bigger girls but all the US teams seem to have tiny props and it seems totally crazy to me!!

I have no real recollection of what I've eaten in the past couple of days but it has all be PB friendly, even at the end of year awards dinner on friday! And last night was a friends birthday and I enjoyed a few tequilas with soda water - no hangover or guilt, kerching!

I woke up late today and have had to spend all my time studying for my last ever exam (eek) so thought I'd order pizza as a cheat (and easy) meal. Only managed half then felt like crap, totally not even worth it. Wish I'd just had some scrambled eggs or something.

I haven't lost any weight since I last weighed myself on the 17th. 13 days and no change. Measured myself - no change.
    I feel like maybe I need to be stricter, less fruit. Less of the nice snack things like primal fudge and apple muffins even though they are delicious. Obviously the fact I'm not gaining weight is good, but I want to be in the weight loss zone, not maintaining my weight!

The thing is I feel GREAT. I'm a little tired at the moment but I imagine thats more to do with not sleeping well/stressing about my final university exam. I'm cycling everywhere, hitting the CF gym 4-5 times a week. There's obviously just something I need to tweak.

B: Pancakes + green tea (made half batch of the pancakes as I had stuff to use up)
    L: Tuna steak + asparagus + mange tout + spinach cooked in butter w/pine nuts
    Last edited by sarah1990; 05-30-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    S: dark chocolate (6 squares 85%)
    D: Half roast chicken + sugar snaps + green beans with the chicken fat drizzled over.

According to DailyBurn I've eaten enough fat/my carb levels haven't exceeded 75grams, but it says I haven't eaten as much protein as I would like. How is that possible?! I've eaten half a bloody chicken!!!?!

Cycled 4.5 miles round trip to gym.

A] OHS

B] 5 Rounds
    5 Squat Clean 50/30Kg
    10 Press ups (HOG)
    200m

Our CF coach has just done his kids cert, so had us doing an assault course and playing around on the bars as well. Was good fun!!
    Last edited by sarah1990; 05-30-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast