Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did you buy your Vibram FiveFingers? page

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member

Question Where did you buy your Vibram FiveFingers?

Shop Now
    So I started the PB on Sunday, and I've been "testing the waters" and easing myself into the whole routine. Today, I Moved Around A Lot at a Slow Pace for the first time, or at least, the first time for the purpose of this lifestyle. I had read the numerous suggestions to move like Grok--shoeless--or at least close to it. I didn't own a pair of Vibram FF's, and to be honest, not a single pair of sandles nor flip-flops. So after an hour of 2mph walking on the concrete road of my neighborhood (though about half the time, I was walking on my neighbor's grass), I've got blisters. Two small ones on both feet and an inch-long one on my left foot. My right foot is alright but I'm hobbling on my left foot.

So I think tomorrow I want to buy a pair of Vibram FF's and I want to know a couple of things: where did you buy them? how much were they? and should I continue Moving Around A Lot at a Slow Pace tomorrow if I get the VFF's, or should I wait for the blisters to heal?

Edit: I'm worried since I'm new to this that if I take a break from the exercise already, I might not get back into it. I tend to dump projects that I take breaks on.
    Last edited by Aly; 05-18-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    I just ordered mine on this website.

Vibram Five Fingers Shoes sale, Barefoot Sports Shoes, Toe Shoes

They should be coming any day and are much less than buying them in a store even with the shipping. If you have doubts about which size to get, either go into a store to be fitted or go to this link and read the measuring instructions:

Vibram FiveFingers

Hope this helps! Be sure to check the chart and pay close attention to the conversions. It's not hard, st pays to double check. Like my Father has always said, "measure twice, cut once".

Matt
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinwolf View Post
    I just ordered mine on this website.

Vibram Five Fingers Shoes sale, Barefoot Sports Shoes, Toe Shoes

They should be coming any day and are much less than buying them in a store even with the shipping.
    Do not order from this site. The color schemes listed, many of them don't exist.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Wow, is that site for real? They call it a "Shoes Sotre." Let us know if yours arrive and if they're genuine. The prices are hard to believe.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    Wow, is that site for real? They call it a "Shoes Sotre." Let us know if yours arrive and if they're genuine. The prices are hard to believe.
    Sounds like knockoffs...or someone is out $50
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    I got them from Eastern Mountain Sports

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I have 5 different pairs of vibrams and I bought them all straight from vibramfivefingers or from kayakshed.com

Kayakshed is very easy to work with with returns if they don't fit.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    ^^ Seconded... If you buy online, definitely buy from a place that gives free no-hassle returns, because they're not going to fit like your sneakers, and for the price, you definitely want to make sure they feel good. Mine were $100 I think.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Halfmoon outfitters ship reliably and promptly
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

mayness is offline Senior Member
    From a local running store - I looked up where they were sold on the VFF site. The only store listed in my city was out of them and couldn't get more for 5 months. So I went to another store when visiting family and they didn't have a lot either, but they had the black KSOs I wanted, in my size.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast