Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where did you buy your Vibram FiveFingers? page 2

primaLeaf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If there is an REI near you they seem to have a decent selection. I definitely think its a good idea to try them on if you can. I got mine at a local camping goods store (Redwood Trading Post if you're anywhere near the SF Peninsula) where the guy who helped was super patient and knowledgeable.

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    REI. I got to try a couple different kind. There is definitely sizing differences between the different "models". It's nice to be able to try them on.
    And now a little plug for REI (no I don't work there)....from May 20-30 they are having one of their ridiculous sales. Members get 20% off one item. That makes your $100 pair of VFFs $80!! Nice!!

busymom is offline Junior Member
    I bought mine directly from the Vibram's site- lots more selection than the local stores.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    I got mine at EMS. By the way, I started out completely barefoot as well--running, even--and got blisters the first time; the trick turned out to be to let them heal completely and that was enough to beef up my feet, it seems, because they've never complained since. You might find yours will stand up to the challenge after a little downtime.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    +1 on REI, or basically any brick-and-mortar that carries them. Being able to try them on and know I was getting the right fit first time was definitely worth the extra money I would have saved online.

Thor Falk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    So I started the PB on Sunday, and I've been "testing the waters" and easing myself into the whole routine. Today, I Moved Around A Lot at a Slow Pace for the first time, or at least, the first time for the purpose of this lifestyle. I had read the numerous suggestions to move like Grok--shoeless--or at least close to it. I didn't own a pair of Vibram FF's, and to be honest, not a single pair of sandles nor flip-flops. So after an hour of 2mph walking on the concrete road of my neighborhood (though about half the time, I was walking on my neighbor's grass), I've got blisters. Two small ones on both feet and an inch-long one on my left foot. My right foot is alright but I'm hobbling on my left foot.

So I think tomorrow I want to buy a pair of Vibram FF's and I want to know a couple of things: where did you buy them? how much were they? and should I continue Moving Around A Lot at a Slow Pace tomorrow if I get the VFF's, or should I wait for the blisters to heal?

Edit: I'm worried since I'm new to this that if I take a break from the exercise already, I might not get back into it. I tend to dump projects that I take breaks on.
    Westfield Shopping Centre, London. Not sure whether this is any good for you though....

Love them by the way! Vibram Five Fingers (“VFF”) KSO’s vs Merrell True Glove | Thor Falk

SUP NINJA is offline Junior Member
    direct from Vibram when they do have my size.

hedgehog is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Definitely recommend going to a store to find your size, as others have said. I just recently ordered my second pair from citysports.com. They offer free shipping and are currently running a sale on Vibrams Vibram Fivefingers Sale at City Sports. They are real, as far as I can tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12