Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best piece of "recruitment" literature? page

MichaelH is offline Member

What is the best piece of "recruitment" literature?

Primal Fuel
    I recognize that you can't force people to make dietary changes, and people have to be motivated from within. Still, I sometimes discuss diet with people committed to a different dietary outlook (e.g., low-fat diets, high-grain vegetarian/vegan diets), and we have a good-natured debate about the merits of our diets.

If you could just show someone one piece of literature (not an entire book - preferably an article, or even a forum post) to convey the merits of eating primal/paleo, what would it be?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Your own experience, and that of people that you personally know.

nocturnalmama is offline Senior Member
    this one seems to appeal to a lot of people... I managed to recruit several people with this, and then a little while later embarked on a Primal Challenge - and managed to get a few more who were intrigued by whole30/paleo but not wanting to go so extreme.

The Whole30, Version 3.0 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    Robin
    ~primal mama to 3~

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    I think this is very important; but it's also overlooked, and understated. I think I should just let people see me; see the way I eat; then, the questions will come out.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    I think this is very important; but it's also overlooked, and understated. I think I should just let people see me; see the way I eat; then, the questions will come out.
    Same here. For years I was known as "the huge, unhealthy one," and I knew a lot of people because I was on the road as a journalist every week and did a big web site. When the weight disappeared fairly quickly, I didn't have much trouble convincing people that what I did worked. That was 2007/8 and I still get a lot of questions, which is one of the main reasons I started blogging it.

Mick812 is offline Member
    Gary Taubes' "Good Calories, Bad Calories" and "Why We Get Fat". Both books completely changed the way I look at food and nutrition in general.

randallfloyd is offline Senior Member
    I'd say a couple of Mark's posts would be best.

The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and you’ll understand it) | Mark's Daily Apple

This one's good because diabetes is clearly an epidemic. Even those who maintain a normal weight are being diagnosed in greater numbers. We're obviously doing something wrong. Explain that there are people on these forums who've reversed diabetes and ditched the drugs.

Also look at other definitive guides...

Is Saturated Fat Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Pitter is offline Member
    I know the feeling of wanting to share with others (especially people you care about) how awesome this lifestyle is, but still the idea of "recruitment" sounds really weird to me. I don't get into debates and occasionally I'll share the things that made the biggest improvements for me (cutting gluten and veg oils), but that's about it. I didn't have to recruit my husband, I just started cooking differently and he liked how he felt.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My Chiropractor gave me an article called "Against the Grain" It is short and very readable. I was convinced. You should be able to find it on the internet.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

MichaelH is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Yeah, but not exactly literature

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast