Thread: Had pasta last night, now I'm starved today page

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member

Had pasta last night, now I'm starved today

I went to a friend's house for dinner and she served pasta with meat sauce. As I prefer to go with the flow in situations like this, I ate it. It had a heavy meat sauce, so I ate mainly the meat, but I did have pasta (I have no issues with wheat).

Fast forward to this morning - I'm STARVED! I ate 2 eggs with spinach and coconut oil, and 2 slices of bacon this morning. It's now mid morning, and my desk is looking mighty tasty. I'm going to hang in there until noon for a tuna salad (one I made, and one that's completely primal), but I'm wondering if it was the carbs that triggered this after being off of them for so long.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

tumbleweed is offline Member
    That sounds very likely. It messed with your insulin levels, etc. to eat the pasta. You'll have to report back and let us know how long the hunger bothers you and how you handled it.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    It's the same for me. I'd be extra hungry all the next day and it'd take 2 or 3 days to really feel steady again.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Great. As long as I know the trigger, I know what to expect. I'm never going to fully avoid situations like this, simply due to the fact that I'm married to an Eastern Indian who is a wanna be Italian, and very social. All sorts of carbs in those two diets, and I'm not the type to be absolutely rigid if someone else is serving me. Fortunately, this is not even a weekly occurrence, I'll just know I'll be more hungry the next day and be prepared for that.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

Ideal Peace is offline Senior Member
    I do a cheat meal every two weeks, usually always dinner. I wont eat again until the next night's dinner, by then most of the carbs\glucose needs will be switched back to fat, and the hunger subsides by next morning. So a cheat meal for someone who is relatively low carb (or in Ketosis) takes me about 36 hours to normalize.

Wenona1975 is offline Member
    I heard somewhere that if you know you're going to be eating pasta (when normally you don't), taking apple cider vinegar before eating (maybe 30 minutes) will counteract the pasta effects. Something you might try I think it was Mike Adams from Natural News, but not sure.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenona1975 View Post
    I heard somewhere that if you know you're going to be eating pasta (when normally you don't), taking apple cider vinegar before eating (maybe 30 minutes) will counteract the pasta effects. Something you might try I think it was Mike Adams from Natural News, but not sure.
    I read take 2T after eating. Also, if pasta is cooked al dente it doesn't release as much starch. Dreamfields pastas works for our once a month pasta meal; my BG levels are not affected if I cook the Dreamfield's just 7min; and don't reheat since that releases the starch.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism