Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heart Attack Grill - Dallas page 2

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We tried to go try out the In N Out in Frisco last night. It was ridiculous... they have traffic cops out there directing the drive though line and the estimated wait time was 1.5 hours. I don't think any food is worth that.

We ended up driving across the street and I got a "Wild Boar" burger on Romain lettuce at Fuddruckers.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    We tried to go try out the In N Out in Frisco last night. It was ridiculous... they have traffic cops out there directing the drive though line and the estimated wait time was 1.5 hours. I don't think any food is worth that.
    That's nuts! But In N Out's expansion beyond CA, NV, and AZ has been a long time coming ... hopefully it'll settle down after a while.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I can't see it being better than Whataburger anyways.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, so I did it. My daughter and I drove out to Dallas to try the Heart Attack Grill. I decided, if I am going to cheat, then I might as well go all the way. I had their single bypass burger(large meat patty, cheese and 4 slices bacon), chocolate shake and fries. The burger was good, not the best I ever had, but it was good. However, I thought the fries were some of the best I ever had. They make them fresh from real potatoes, and they are fried in lard. Very crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. The shake was also very good. It seemed to be the kind of shake from a machine, but was very creamy. According to their menu, it is made from real, pure cream. They also put a pat of butter on top for good measure.

My overall assessment is that I would go there again if I was in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. It is pricey, but the whole medical atmosphere and the spoofing of the medical community in general is kind of fun.

I also enjoyed watching people try to get down a double bypass burger. It's a huge burger, and I don't think most average eaters can finish it. I don't see how anyone can eat the triple or quadruple!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12