Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you like to do with leftover chicken page

healthy11 is offline Senior Member

What do you like to do with leftover chicken

Shop Now
    I have a lot of chicken leftover from a whole chicken I made...

What do you like to do with leftovers?? Need ideas!!

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried this with chicken yet, but when I had lots of turkey left over I cut it in small strips and sauteed it in butter and a little stock (or gravy). It was amazing.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Turkey Sandwich on rye.... kiddin'!

I'll cook up some bacon and then put brussle sprouts in with the bacon and grease with a little chicken broth to soften the sprouts. Then add the left over chicken. Really good!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    When I roast a chicken, the thighs, drumsticks and other delicious bits disapear, leaving me with two breasts and some other random hunks of meat. I usually make chicken salad (regular with sliced green grapes, or curried with bits of dried apricot) and then stock with the bones. Leftover chicken is also great in frittatas or other egg dishes.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

starrchilde is offline Senior Member
    My new favorite is tortilla soup - pick off the meat, make stock with the bones, tons of carrots, celery (stalk and leaves), tomatoes, cumin, garlic, onion, cilantro, lime, additional stock from previous birds if necessary, etc. My husband fries up corn tortilla strips for him and the kids and they eat theirs over rice. I just add avocado and extra lime to mine.

I also like stir-frying left over poultry with broccoli slaw, tamari, lime, ginger, garlic, etc.
    ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
    ó John Lennon

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Shred it up and throw it in with egg scrambles, or on a salad
    ďThe whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

sarah k. is offline Member
    I've made this salad twice in the past week or so: Warm Spinach and Sweet Potato Salad | Everyday Paleo It's really freaking good, and a good way to use leftover chicken.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Mixed with pesto, added to tomato & leafy salad. Avocado doesn't hurt this either.

Also, I always make stock from the bones, and having some chopped cooked meat to mix in makes for quick soup.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Any fowl or pork I have left over almost invariably gets chopped up and doused with my Carolina BBQ sauce (a cup of apple cider vinegar and 6 tbsp flaked red pepper will do a whole chicken) and seared in a pan (then eaten and/or frozen for later use).

That said, chicken seared in coconut oil and served next to butter-scrambled eggs is bloody awesome as well.

me jane is offline Senior Member
    I love chicken salad that has curry powder in it, along with some bits of fruit (grape halves, or bits of apple or pear) and some walnuts.

I also love chicken tortilla soup, as another poster has mentioned. Pioneer Woman Cooks has a good recipe, and beans are easily omitted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast