Thread: TACFIT Warrior page

Nethru is offline Member

TACFIT Warrior

Anyone ever try it out? I did the recruit level mission and am sore as hell 2 days after still. Was great workout.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Product page. Saw all the marketing copy and ran the hell away. Not that I think that says anything about the quality of the program, but just didn't want to read that much stuff right now.

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    I got that program when it first came out. I did it for like 8 days and quit. I like it, but I need to take the time to get it off my computer and onto a DVD that I can play on my tv. Watching it on my laptop sucks. My company also put a mandatory screen lock, so I had to keep touching the mouse during the workout otherwise it would lock up and I needed to put in a password. It seemed like a very solid program and I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

Nethru is offline Member
    First thing I did when I got it was burn it to DVD so I can follow along on the TV but if you know the moves you can just use an interval timer 20/10 8 rounds and just do them in order without watching along.

Pretty good program so far. It's all bodyweight exercises following TABATA Protocol, 6 difference exercises 8 rounds each takes about 30 minutes without the warmup/cooldown (45 total). Pretty similar to TACFIT Commando that I did moves make you think a bit more since your moving your body a bit different I guess that's the whole mental aspect of this workout.

Their marketing is kinda scary and looks like it's a bunch of BS but Scott definetly delivers on his goods IMO.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

So it's basically Tabata intervals - doesn't seem like much of a programme to me.

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    Yes, all of his "workouts" are tabata intervals. That's the same in Tacfit Commando. He cycles it in 4 day periods of "no intensity", "low iintensity", "moderate intensity" and "high intensity".

The "no intensity days" are just joint mobility drills and it works its way up from there. The programming does seem solid as the exercises do change and progress in difficulty. In Tacfit Warrior, I think there are exercise progressions that last 5 months and in Tacfit Commando the progressions go up to 9 months. I"m not an exercise design genius, but the programs seem solid.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Setabas View Post
    Yes, all of his "workouts" are tabata intervals. That's the same in Tacfit Commando. He cycles it in 4 day periods of "no intensity", "low iintensity", "moderate intensity" and "high intensity".

The "no intensity days" are just joint mobility drills and it works its way up from there. The programming does seem solid as the exercises do change and progress in difficulty. In Tacfit Warrior, I think there are exercise progressions that last 5 months and in Tacfit Commando the progressions go up to 9 months. I"m not an exercise design genius, but the programs seem solid.
    Exclusive use of the Tabata protocol is a bad idea, even if it is cycled.