Thread: World's First Heart Disease Case: Livin' on Grains? page

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member

World's First Heart Disease Case: Livin' on Grains?

Ancient Egyptian Princess Now Known to Be First Person in Human History With Diagnosed Coronary Artery Disease
    ScienceDaily (May 16, 2011) The Egyptian princess Ahmose-Meryet-Amon, who lived in Thebes (Luxor) between 1580 and 1550 BC and who is now known to be first person in human history with diagnosed coronary artery disease, lived on a diet rich in vegetables, fruit and a limited amount of meat from domesticated (but not fattened) animals. Wheat and barley were grown along the banks of the Nile, making bread and beer the dietary staples of this period of ancient Egypt. Tobacco and trans-fats were unknown, and lifestyle was likely to have been active.

Ancient Egyptian princess now known to be first person in human history with diagnosed coronary artery disease

(Of course, they end up blaming "meat, butter, and cheese.")

Buttercup is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I just posted about that one today at my blog too. I know, it's so frustrating that the bias against meat and fat completely blinds people to exploring what might really be going on. Grains seem so innocent, how could they be bad? :P
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.