Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's play doctor! page

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member

Let's play doctor!

Primal Fuel
    So, I'm going in for my first check up in... I don't know, nearly a decade. I know something is wrong with me, I just have no clue what. So, I've decided to pick your collective brain, and see if anything I'm dealing with rings a bell. I'd like to go in having some clue what is wrong, so I can have a stronger leg to stand on in regards to testing, etc.

So, in no real order, symptoms:

-always tired. Can sleep up to 12 hours a day, and still be tired. Anything less than 10 and I'm a total zombie.

-Terrible fertility. My periods can last a week or three months. It might be two months between them, or 10 days.

-really bad menstrual cramps. Like, take 1000 mg of vicodin bad.

-cysts on my ovaries

-no motivation, scatterbrained, feeling like I'm in a fog

Any ideas? I supplement now with 6000 IU of D-3, I eat lots of fat, pretty low carbs (under 100 a day) no grain, etc.

I'm just so tired of being tired. Primal has fixed my gallbladder, fixed my acid reflux, and shown me that what the dr's thought was fibromyalgia was really just a gluten allergy. I'm almost healthy, if I could just fix the rest! I don't want him to just prescribe birth control and an antidepressant, because I won't take it. I need something more solid, but I can't think of anything to save my life!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I would say PCOS too, except that's more of a description than a helpful diagnosis - standard medicine doesn't have a whole lot to offer.

If possible, get your B-vitamin levels checked, maybe heavy metals looked at? What kind of work do you do? Do you do shift work?

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Other allergies? It is amazing how bad lots of dairy makes me feel.

tumbleweed is offline Member
    What does your exercise schedule look like? How intense is it? Are you getting enough?

Do you drink caffeine?

me jane is offline Senior Member
    My "wheel of disease" says hypothyroidism. Maybe. Google it & see if the symptoms fit.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? If you're in your 40s it could be the beginnings of menopause. Other than the pain (I have none) my periods sound a lot like yours.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I'm 25, I try to exercise, but often fail as I'm lacking in energy. I generally walk between 3-10 miles a week, and then also have started sprinting, and try to LHT at least once a week, but even that is a struggle. I don't work right now, I am taking online classes. I generally go to bed around 10-11, falling asleep around 12-1. I generally drag myself out of bed around 10-11, though I COULD sleep MUCH later. It might be PCOS but I don't have excess hair growth, or a super charged sex drive. In fact, I've got pretty much NO sex drive. My caffeine is generally 1 cup of coffee or yerba mate in the morning when I get up.

Is there anything other than birth control that I can do for PCOS?

If it is vitamin deficiency or thyroid, what do I request for a test?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    It could be estrogen dominance and anemia.

I would highly recommend you get tested to see if you are sufficient in Vitamin D (you may not be!), take 500-1,000 mg Krill oil (for cramps) and 400-600 mg Magnesium Citrate (also for cramps.)

Also get your iron tested.

Natural progesterone cream can help with estrogen dominance. Can be helpful to get saliva tests to see what your baseline hormone levels are.

nocturnalmama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My guess is estrogen dominance... I have similar symptoms and my doctor has prescribed an progesterone cream. She did say that it was hard to determine with testing due to fluctuations throughout one's cycle.
    Last edited by nocturnalmama; 05-17-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: mistyped a word...
    Robin
    ~primal mama to 3~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast