I came back from Morocco last year with a taste for tagine. This has been my go-to tagine recipe long before I decided to go primal. The flavors are very rich and authentic. If you have a tagine (ceramic cooking dish with a conical lid), awesome! If not, a dutch oven works perfectly well. I sometimes throw in a handful of golden raisins and go easier on the prunes.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups fresh pearl onions, or frozen small whole onions
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
3/4 cup pitted prunes
1/2 cup dried apricots
15 sprigs cilantro, tied with kitchen string
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pomegranate seeds, (about 1 large fruit's worth) for garnish

PREPARATION
Preheat oven to 350F.
If using fresh pearl onions, cook in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain. Peel when cool enough to handle. If using frozen onions, rinse under warm water to thaw.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add ginger and pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant and beginning to foam, about 1 minute. Add chicken and onions; stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to turn golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Add pomegranate juice, prunes, apricots, cilantro and salt; bring to a simmer. Cover tightly with foil and then with a lid. Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove lid and foil. Discard cilantro. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes longer.
To serve, spoon the tagine into a serving bowl or onto plates. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.