Thread: CLA and Fish Oil page

KristinA is offline Junior Member

CLA and Fish Oil

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know what primal opinion on CLA is? What about dosage? What about taking it with fish oil.

In addition to that, I am confused about how much fish oil I should be taking. I am female, 5'8, 145 with about 19% body fat. Looking to lower my body fat and lose a few lbs. I follow primal blue print nutritionally (going into my 3rd month) with one high fat sweet cheat a week. I work out a little more intensely than recommended by PBP, but am trying to slow down.

Thanks for your help!
    Kristin

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    CLA is awesome, but I'm very hesitant to recommend taking it in pill form - commercially available supplements generally contain an isomer of CLA (t10c12) that isn't found in significant quantities in a natural human diet, and may be associated with insulin resistance. Your best bet is to just eat plenty of grass-fed ruminant meat and dairy.

Supplementation With Conjugated Linoleic Acid Causes Isomer-Dependent Oxidative Stress and Elevated C-Reactive Protein: A Potential Link to Fatty Acid-Induced Insulin Resistance -- RisÚrus et al. 106 (15): 1925 -- Circulation
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout