Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Quelsen the African Honey Badger goes Primal page 5

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've dropped the scale for the time being. I don't plan on getting it back out until I drop 2 more pant sizes. Weighing weekly for me just proved to be hell and a total deterent from what my goals are. I actually ended up being a slave to the scale. I've actually come to the conclusion that if I weigh 200 lbs and am wearing a size 8, who the hell gives a crap. As long as I feel good and confident about myself, that is all that matters.
    Georgette

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Just something for a laugh: Remember the comic, Totie Fields?

She was short--feet didn't touch the ground when she sat in a chair. She was fat, real fat.

She wore the most wonderful colorful and flowery dresses.

Once on the Johnny Carson show, they started talking about being overweight. He brought up the line about changing her wardrobe if she wanted to look thinner. Wear basic black. Give up the flowers, stripes, and prints.

Her response. "Sure, I could look ten or so pounds slimmer wearing plain black dresses, but when you are my size and over 200 pounds, what's looking ten pounds lighter going to do?"

She had attitude.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    Just something for a laugh: Remember the comic, Totie Fields?

She was short--feet didn't touch the ground when she sat in a chair. She was fat, real fat.

She wore the most wonderful colorful and flowery dresses.

Once on the Johnny Carson show, they started talking about being overweight. He brought up the line about changing her wardrobe if she wanted to look thinner. Wear basic black. Give up the flowers, stripes, and prints.

Her response. "Sure, I could look ten or so pounds slimmer wearing plain black dresses, but when you are my size and over 200 pounds, what's looking ten pounds lighter going to do?"

She had attitude.
    That's always been my theory lol.

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias has the same theory and says that's why he always wears Hawaiian shirts.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That's always been my theory lol.

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias has the same theory and says that's why he always wears Hawaiian shirts.
    I LOVE Iglesias. Oh fer the love of the gods, I can't watch the man without laughing so hard I can't breathe. "Quick, find the COPS song!"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I LOVE Iglesias. Oh fer the love of the gods, I can't watch the man without laughing so hard I can't breathe. "Quick, find the COPS song!"
    Me too! He's one of the funniest comics out there and OMG he's happy!!!! Whodathunk, a happy comic?
    Georgette

He's a rare breed. It's like someone took 3 of the comedians I like(d) and turned 'em into one man the size of all of them: George Carlin, Carlos Mencia, and Robin Williams. If he ever stops in West TX or Dallas, I'm going to one of his shows.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

He's definitely one I want to see live. He's definitely a good mix of the 3 you listed, Naiad.
    Georgette

He really does have an almost Robin Williamsesque talent for voices and noises.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    He really does have an almost Robin Williamsesque talent for voices and noises.
    He really does. I love his cop voice. Hell any of his voices are great.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    He really does. I love his cop voice. Hell any of his voices are great.
    I think my favorites are when he's quoting himself and the lady at the hotel where he checked in late.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast