Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Quelsen the African Honey Badger goes Primal page 4

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    You're so smart, quelsen. I follow your posts and soak this stuff up.
    You are extremely kind to say so
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Captains Log
    Stardate: 04975.0801

4 days off from salaried effort. interesting to see hoow i settled into the time off. when i worked from home every day was a workday and every day was a day off. This was different. I did get accomplished what i wanted to and while i did feel some pressure it was not overwhelming. I did find a pull up station and while it was 800.00 at cost i was reduced and clearanced down to 150.00 I grok i was to have this tool. I was suprised to see that i had any ability to move my big body upwards so i think this is a great start. I am noticing that i can do 10-15 45~ pushups with no problem. Now comes the mental crap. I can move iron with out a mental block however pushing my own weight around always seems to tire me. This will be an interesting lesson to move through. seeing if i can figure out why i can move the outerworld with more vigour than the inner one. CHALLENGE. LOL Well as my favorite Captain says

"Let's be about it"

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Digby is offline Senior Member
    What form of hcg did you take? I keep reading the drops are placebo, and it's the 500c ketosis diet that does the work. A friend of mine is on it now. Just curious.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    What form of hcg did you take? I keep reading the drops are placebo, and it's the 500c ketosis diet that does the work. A friend of mine is on it now. Just curious.
    I use RX Grade HCG. The same mentality that lead me to Primal is what makes me suspicious of any "homeopathis" fomulation. I know they can make it via RNA sequncing as well but i know enough of my pharnacalogics to know that is almost just as bad as Homeopathics. as it is the Left hand sequence not the right hand one... but i digress.

As to the 500Kcal diet. Bushwah!!! As a person who has spent his life on a 500 kcal diet i can tell you it is not the calories baby, it is what your body does with them HCG makes your body choose a different path. The Kevin Trudea version has phase 1,2,3,4 and they is what most people know it be however for me there are only two modes Burn and Maintainence. The rest is not required. However if i dont use another set of terms i cannot charge you money for my ideas so fork over your hard erned cash bitches. ( i digress again .... )

HCG is a tool much like Primal/Paleo. In my eyes once you get 20% or more over your own bodies "normal" fat storage capacity your own metabolic counter regulation fails and like a run away train you are headed for disaster. and you cannot stop it. HCG is the only break i have found in 30 years. ( that is my N=1 POV)

once i get back in normal fat % range we shall see.

During my burns i eat 500 + 500 to 1000 kcal a day ( depending on if you count MCT as actual calories, sometimes my body does most of the times it doesnt ) On maintainence i eat BMR + 500 to 700 or I GAIN WEIGHT. To a man who never ate more than 800 kcals daily for 30 years this is both a challange and a stress. YES a stress. one on finances two on personal fears ( you cant know what it is like to gain weight for undereating ) and three on timing. I spend so much more time feeding my bottomless pit now a days. It is 10:30 and so far i have had 1 pound of hanburger, handfull of blueberries handfull of pistashois and a bit of cheddar cheese. and i am still hungry. testerday i lost a pound becasue i finally got it in my head that i do indeed need to eat more LOL

Bottom line. Followed responcibly YES hcg works.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Captains Log
    Stardate: 05010.0815

I am such a complicated creature. I wish i was very simple. I think that my stubbornness may be born of this desire for black and white. What brings this to my attention now? Yesterday i woke ok very sore from my sprinting and attemped pull ups but still all in all oik. Yet by the time i arrived at the office i was in the foulest moods i have seen in a while and by lunch i was beginning to lose power and yawned the rest of the day as if i needed a nap. I thought great the new moon is keeping me up and it is finally letting me get the rest i need but why now FFS. During the day i had flashes of oatmeal and lemon cookies. Of course did i mention i am stubborn? I have not have grains in over a year and i was not about to start yesterday.I consulted my intuitive friend asking WTF Oatmeal. She said to have almonds. So when i got home i made some almond/hazelnut butter and within 5 minutes my mood was happy and i was smiling and my fatigue was gone. This pisses me off to no end. Food is not allowed to be anything but nurishment, who in the hell gave it the power to alter my mood. I did not authorize that. Le sigh. Yes i know the literature is there to tell me that food does alter moods but i have not ever beleived that a strong human fully aware and intelligent could be motivated by that. Yes I admit that i see those who have addictions to food as weak in spirit as well as weak in mind. Fraking Paradigms being shifted. Why cannot the world accomodate my view of it rather than forcing me to bend.
    What i cannot know is if the mood cam from a lack of the almonds/hazelnut nutrients or if the almond/hazelnut negated an internal imbalance that came as a result of working to free the skeletal/muscular insulin pathways. What i woudl not give for a readout of my metabolic function from second to second. Then I could truly master this organism masquerading as my body.
    Till then freaking trial and error will have to suffice.Damn

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Quelsen, this is the first running blog that I have read and came back to read again. Most of them aren't so wonderful to me. I like yours. Don't know why.

Suggestions, who needs them. "We don't need your stinking suggestions."

However might I make one, if no, just skip this part. Get off the scale. Scales only make people feel bad! If you must measure something to judge change and improvement, get a tape measure and or a full length mirror. The scale can have the same number for a hard body as for a soft body. The mirror gets different.

The scale thing reminds me of a story---here we go again--the old guy and his stories--

Some years ago, a young boy, a fat young boy, in a youth group that I helped was very dejected, almost really depressed, because of "The Scale". Things improved with him when attitude changed and his attitude changed because I told him not to consider "The Scale" to be a down judgement, but to be an indicator of how much the Earth liked him. Higher weight meant Earth was attracted more to him, not that Earth rejected him. He stayed fat most of the years that I knew him but at least he was a happier boy.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    Quelsen, this is the first running blog that I have read and came back to read again. Most of them aren't so wonderful to me. I like yours. Don't know why.

Suggestions, who needs them. "We don't need your stinking suggestions."

However might I make one, if no, just skip this part. Get off the scale. Scales only make people feel bad! If you must measure something to judge change and improvement, get a tape measure and or a full length mirror. The scale can have the same number for a hard body as for a soft body. The mirror gets different.

The scale thing reminds me of a story---here we go again--the old guy and his stories--

Some years ago, a young boy, a fat young boy, in a youth group that I helped was very dejected, almost really depressed, because of "The Scale". Things improved with him when attitude changed and his attitude changed because I told him not to consider "The Scale" to be a down judgement, but to be an indicator of how much the Earth liked him. Higher weight meant Earth was attracted more to him, not that Earth rejected him. He stayed fat most of the years that I knew him but at least he was a happier boy.
    Very interesting story. And we both seem to know the value of a story. I used to tell the story that thin people were beloved of "GOD" and fat people were Hated by this same "GOD" I used to "know" that thin mean popular, smart, wealthy, healthy and basically all that was good and light in this universe. ( and unfortunately given my surroundings, Caucasion)

Today I know that was a horrible story to tell myself.

I do fear not knowing what the scale says, the scale gives me a feeling of control. However i also know that I am healing from my poor health and have to give my body room to manuver.

Having thought on it. I do trust my body more than i used to . I am not a person who overeats, in fact the converse woudl hold true most of the time... So just for you ... ( well not only you ).. I will put the scale away until Sunday [part of me just screamed in terror] and give my body some trust.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    What i woudl not give for a readout of my metabolic function from second to second.
    If you ever invent this, I'd be your first customer and you'd make a mint off it.
    As an aside from another "intuitive person," might I suggest that it was a psychosomatic cure? That knowing that the almonds/ hazelnuts would cure it brought about the cure without any intervention from the nuts themselves? I've done that to myself more than once.
    I'd also note that those are both higher in magnesium, copper, and magnesium, all of which are heavily used by the brain.
    Food does alter moods, but only in the sense that it takes a pre-existing emotion/ mood and bump it to front and center or knock it off the stage temporarily.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    If you ever invent this, I'd be your first customer and you'd make a mint off it.
    As an aside from another "intuitive person," might I suggest that it was a psychosomatic cure? That knowing that the almonds/ hazelnuts would cure it brought about the cure without any intervention from the nuts themselves? I've done that to myself more than once.
    I'd also note that those are both higher in magnesium, copper, and magnesium, all of which are heavily used by the brain.
    Food does alter moods, but only in the sense that it takes a pre-existing emotion/ mood and bump it to front and center or knock it off the stage temporarily.
    can we ever know.

Honestly here is the time line. Went shopping on Saturday and i now shop only by using my body as a pendulum. I asked about nuts and got a stron hit on almonds. so i bought them. I thought what do i do with these, i have not had almonds in months. then i got a hit on hazelnuts ( for the record YUCK) and grabbed them too ( you have to honor the body if you expect answers) i had not opened the almonds yet. nibbled on the hazelnuts

I knew i needed almonds for biolgy but had no expectation that it woudl effect my mood. I thought my mood was due to the new moon and my realization that most of the world are idiots and i have become rather unsuited to live amongst them and that there are no sane attractive primal women in my circle

so while i cannot rule out psychosomatic, i dont favor it. but my body did know it was needed

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Can't say on the new moon, but realizing that 95% of those around you (and I'm being generous) are complete and utter mouth breathing morons and of the 5% left, none of them are viable mates does put a damper on things. Had that fun in college.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast