Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Quelsen the African Honey Badger goes Primal page 23

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    happy to be of assistance
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paleobird Guest
    Hi Honey Badger,

I haven't been around the boards much lately but I just thought i'd stop in and check on you. You just keep getting more handsome!

Ice baths? Brr.... I'm not sure I could manage that. But, whatever works.

A couple of pages back you were working out your Harris Benedict equation to find your BMR. I found that I could do just fine with a lot less calories than the equation said I was supposed to "need" once I was in ketosis. Those equations were invented to go with carb burning metabolisms that "need" five small meals a day.

Keep at it, Sweetums. You have already lost the equivalent of a whole person. (I weigh about five more pounds than what you've lost.) That is pretty damn impressive. I think you lose sight of that now and then.

I found the same thing you have that the best way to cut intake is the Kruse BAB, skip lunch, then have dinner plan. I second what was said above about plugging in the numbers. Not forever, just for a while.

You can and you will do this. And I want pictures..................

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hi Honey Badger,

I haven't been around the boards much lately but I just thought i'd stop in and check on you. You just keep getting more handsome!

Ice baths? Brr.... I'm not sure I could manage that. But, whatever works.

A couple of pages back you were working out your Harris Benedict equation to find your BMR. I found that I could do just fine with a lot less calories than the equation said I was supposed to "need" once I was in ketosis. Those equations were invented to go with carb burning metabolisms that "need" five small meals a day.

Keep at it, Sweetums. You have already lost the equivalent of a whole person. (I weigh about five more pounds than what you've lost.) That is pretty damn impressive. I think you lose sight of that now and then.

I found the same thing you have that the best way to cut intake is the Kruse BAB, skip lunch, then have dinner plan. I second what was said above about plugging in the numbers. Not forever, just for a while.

You can and you will do this. And I want pictures..................
    Well Hello there

:-)

I actually do eat less than the Harris Benedict regularly, so i agree with you. My focus now is on the removal of the heavy metals and i can already not changes. I took a hot bath yesterday and it was GD uncomfortable. much above 40f now and i dont like it. you know you have gone off the deep end when you get out of the tub after 20 minutes and the water is still under 45 and ice is still solid. Getting skin temps down to 46f is an awesome thing.

what have you been up to dahrlinks? do tell

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Well Hello there

:-)

I actually do eat less than the Harris Benedict regularly, so i agree with you. My focus now is on the removal of the heavy metals and i can already not changes. I took a hot bath yesterday and it was GD uncomfortable. much above 40f now and i dont like it. you know you have gone off the deep end when you get out of the tub after 20 minutes and the water is still under 45 and ice is still solid. Getting skin temps down to 46f is an awesome thing.

what have you been up to dahrlinks? do tell
    You are such a tease! Was the towel really necessary?

So what got you onto the idea of ice baths? Can you give me any links to explain the physiology that you found useful?

When I was losing weight rapidly, I was eating about 1000-1200/day when my H-B equation said I "should" be eating at least 2000 just to keep breathing. And I was doing that plus LHTs 2x/week, 2 long hikes/ week (10-15 miles) and one wind sprint session. Everyone told me how I was "starving" my body and how all my muscle would be "eaten up". Didn't happen. I put on muscle and lost fat. And I didn't even feel hungry. The key is being in ketosis first before cutting the calories. I think this is why your HcG program works so well if you do the "loading" phase correctly.

Lately I've been on a long vacation to the Caribbean for a couple of months. Did some diving, had some affairs, generally had a grand time.

Hows about you?

The ice baths were the logical finality of reading the stuff the Kruse referenced along with Williams textbook on endocrinology and the metabolism of the cell.

At 370 ish and no sign of dropping i am rather lost as to the issue. however something is maintaining this as homeostasis for a reason and i keep looking for the reason. The ice baths did mitigate a non diagnosed cushings hump i have had forever. I was actually tested for cushings but the endo decided that i didnt have it. at that time i didnt know beans about beans, i just kept asking "smart people" questions that they were actually not intelligent enough to answer.

It is pretty amazing how my advice to people IRL and on the interwebz helps them and doesnt work for me, so i keep looking. right now having received my heavy metals report i am working on that. Assuming my information is correct the cocktail of metal i have in my body is designed to short circuit the metabolism at so many places that it would explain why i have not succeeded to the level i seek to achieve.

Once i remove the lead and cesium I will know if i am on track or not. honestly if anyone can think of a path i have not yet looked down i would be grateful because i never thought to look at heavy metals in my body, which was stupid given my history but it just didn't occur to me, so wrapped up in "diet and exercise"

So here is a list of what i have looked at and if it yielded any results

diet: I have been eating a ketogenic diet since August 2011. probably 60/30/10 right now relaxed from 75/20/5 in the beginning.
    exercise: in the past i was a cardio whore and a heavy metals expert. didnt matter. worst feeling in the world to work out with professional lifters in the off season and keep up with them while putting on the pounds. One guy who spent a lot of time and effort with me finally asked me to stop working out with him as it was demotivating to see me work so hard and never cut. Bench press 400 no problem, see the underlying muscle no way in hell
    Thyroid: no detectable damage
    Pituitary: no detectable damage
    Hypothalamus: responds to HCG as a stimulator.
    Liver: labs are normal, billirubin is finally normal after years of abnormality
    Hormones: poor. Cortisol depletion causing others to be low. CT is helping this and BHRT started last September to normalize testosterone. Vitamin D finally holding under CT so possibly hormones are stabilizing?
    Brain: childhood seizures managed with an overwhelming amount of dilantin ( god damn them all ) {omg that may be an answer, glad i had to walk away from the computer for a second. look here Reduced adipose glucocorticoid reactivation an... [Endocrinology. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

off to research

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

If i were a song which song would i be.... to you that is

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Captains Log
    Stardate 06805.00

"Man first unconsciously and involuntarily creates God in his own image, and after this God consciously and voluntarily creates man in his own image." - Ludwig Andreas von Feuerbach

Talk about food for thought.

Given this i have decided to consciously and voluntarily create God in my own image - skip this unconscious BS

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

So i am totally back into uncharted territory

i have stopped shivering during CT, i hope that means i have adapted and am building BAT. but how to know.
    I am red and blotchy all over and my post 32F Bloat seems to be starting to reduce. I assume i have a serious systemic apoptosis going on and my work now is to assist it to pass as fast as possible, however if Zeltiq is accurate it will be October before i really know. My year of Hormone Replacement is coming to a close and i still have not managed to scrape up enough cash to do a second year, whoa is me. I jut hope that the heavy metals detox is enough to correct my hormone issues on its own, but i sort of doubt it. I cant wait till winter so that I can work on exercising in the cold. i always do better in colder temperatures.

so where am I?

Ketogenic - Started in August 2011 full adaptation by September 2011 interesting that minor amounts of exogenous glucose will set my hear to racing until it is all gone.

Cold Adaption - started cold baths in Feb 2012. water temps started in the 48-50f range and i shivered for months. in fact initially it took me hours to get warm again, now i cannot get cold. :-) odd how that happens. if i had thought ot chart the data it would look something like this.

date, water temp, Final skin temp initial core temp, final core temp, time to recover initial temp
    feb 1, 48, 55, 97.4, 95.4, 8 hours
    feb 15, 50, 57, 97.4, 95.4, 6 hours
    feb 30, 55, 55, 97.6, 96.4, 6 hours
    mar 15, 58, 60, 97.6 96,8, 2 hours
    mar 30, 58, 70, 97.8, 96.4, 3 hours
    apr 15, 55, 70, 97.6, 95.4, 2 hours
    apr 30, 60, 72, 97.6, 97.0 1 hour
    may 15, 40, 52, 97.6, 95.4, 2 hours
    may 30 32, 48, 97.6, 94.2, 3 hours

what i noted was that initially it took a long time to warm up with a moderate amount of cold but as time went on it took more cold to get my skin temps down. after the first 3 weeks most of the estrogen flush had passed and my labs show that vitamin D has held steady. I am off thyroid support and adrenal support except for stress events. my muscle strength still varies as estrogen floods the system from time to time, however on the whole i am stronger and have more stamina.

Overall CT was a good addition to my life. even if the results were not what i expected.

Circadian Rhythm - i have stopped using an alarm clock and hav removed every electronic item out of my bedroom. I go to bed when it gets dark and use F.lux along with a red grow light for when the sunsets. i need to obtain 2 more for the living room. I can even sleep in the red light but i dont like to do so.

Sleep - getting close to a full night sleep without interruptions. the grounding mat i sleep on seems to have removed all the excess energy stored in the body ( ok i suppose since grounding actually sends negative ions toward earth while pulling positive ions up into the grounded item i have actually charged my body not drained it ). it was an interesting sensation for the first week, and it messed up my sleep. I THINK that the body clock is adjusting to having a properly energized system and things are waking up confused, but what do i know.

Supplements - I have actually fallen behind on this due to CT. it is difficult to know what i needed esp along with the Heavy metal removal. however this week i intend to start back on mineral and some hormones to replace what is being lost.

weight is up and so are inches but CT caused that so i just have to wait it out.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Captains log
    Stardate 07045.1140

I think it is time to return to blabing online about my self. LOL

i have let work do what a Goins lets work do, ie drive me ) for about 6 weeks. I forgot the simple joy in being fraking awesome at what you do. I do find pleasure in it, even if it isnt what i would like to excel at, i am happy to have something i am good at.

Got a job offer in Nashville yesterday, the economy must ave decided to stop moping in this area. I may take a look at it, one neer knows, but they do love me here, and i am expecting to be converted from contract to full time, not a bad thing assuming the pay is good.

I am finishing my 7th round of HCG. 393 to 357 since June 14 2012. I have been bouncing around 355-358 for a couple of days, i may be done.. at any rate when the bottle is empty the bottle is empty. I will be purchasing more for future use, but this round is done.

I am noting more and more that i have a serious venous system in my fat, that doesnt seem right to me. i am noting not just the veins in my arms and hands and legs and feet but also in my belly fat and that is just weird... makes me wonder if that is not actual adipose tissue but atrophied muscle.

I can consistently do 5 pushups and they other day i got 10 without a break, this is pretty awesome. what is most interesting to me is not that i can do them but that my geometry is so different. Much like my ability to do squats things move differently around the joints. Much differently than I ever remember.

it has gotten hot here, too hot for my icemaker to keep up, I need to figure out how to get cooler water into the unit and the water is 70 coming out of the tap as it is. I have thought about getting a large water filter and housing it in a refrigeration unit and letting the water flow thru that. sigh, all in the quest for a cold bath LOL.

Summer is certainly upsetting my circadian rhythms, the sun is out too long. I need sleep people.

well that is pretty much all i have.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Closed out the 7th round of HCG last week at 353 lbs. several days later i was down to 349. that was a great thing for me.

I ate something and jumped back up to 352 which was not going to be allowed. This morning i broke a 36 hour fast at a weight of 348.6

I suspect the culprit is a peach. yes just one.

I dont see dairy doing this to me

fat doesnt do this to me

so it could be the single fig i had,
    or it could be the single date I had
    but i suspect the peach... i have had figs during protocol
    i had not had the date

so we are back to basics

todays breakfast.

4 oz burger (curry spiced)
    2 jumbo eggs cooked in homemade butter

after 36 hours it feels like lead on my stomach.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast