Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TMI : My journey to get my womanhood back. page 2

porcelain is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    May 22

11:00 - 11:30 am : Omelette & avocado sandwich, salad
    12:00 pm : Dark chocolate
    2:30 - 4:00 pm : Half a pack of baked egg rolls, two chocolate chip cookies, D3
    9:00 - 9:30 pm : Steak, apple

Well with less than 4 hours of sleep, my energy, not to mention my will power is dwindling...
    I've never had a problem with my blood sugar. As I've mentioned, I'm an experienced IFer so this subsided dizziness today brought new attention to an allergy test I recall positive for mosquito bites years ago. The dry coughs occured about the same time and the swelling/itching has not stopped. Water and fruits don't seem to help and my coughing fits are keeping me from getting any sleep. This isn't my first time getting mosquito bites, but it is the first bite of the year and I know allergies change throughout time. Nothing serious, although these are typical symptoms of allergies it seems. I hope they go away soon... It's hard to focus being primal when you're not getting any rest!
    Last edited by porcelain; 05-22-2011 at 09:11 PM.

May 23

10:00 am : Vega Wholemeal
    1:00 pm : Chicken salad with avocado
    4:00 pm : Apple
    7:00 - 7:30 pm : Curry chicken, lettuce
    8:00 - 9:00 pm : Two chocolate chip cookies, oreo cheescake

Better straighten up my act... my acne is getting worse and that innocent dry cough is turning into a cold cough. I haven't gotten sick in at least 3 years and my track record is amazing so I do not want this to happen! Drinking liquids all day today.

May 24

8:30 am : Watercress/chicken/carrot/date soup
    11:00 am : Same soup for lunch
    4:00 pm : Curry chicken
    7:30 - 8:00 pm : Curry chicken, apple
    8:00 pm : Could not resist any longer, slice of oreo cheescake
    9:00 pm : Soup

May 25

10:00 am : Curry chicken, bok choy
    3:30 pm : Vega wholemeal + K2
    8:30 - 9:30 pm : Egg, onions, chicken, beef, rice + D3

Note to self, do not take K2 without food.

May 26

12:00 pm : Curry chicken, lettuce
    4:00 pm : Blueberries, vega wholemeal + D3
    4:30 - 5:30 pm : Cardio - jogging
    7:15 - 8:30 pm : Hatha flow - yoga
    9:00 - 9:30 pm : Curry chicken, mushrooms

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Have you read Elaine Gottschall's book "Ending the Vicious Cycle"? Her SCD diet would help the gut and toxic problems, and the food can be quite delicious. It also would put an immediate and complete end to the snacking on oreos and cheesecake, etc. There are blogs where people following the system to fix Crohn's hang out and offer each other support.

What are those things doing in your house anyway? If I have stuff like that around I can't control myself at all -- I just eat it till it's gone. But I can avoid buying it in the first place. Be sure to have good food which you like around at all times, so you can eat that instead of the junk.

If the baking and flour stuff just drives you bats with cravings, you could try using white rice in place of wheat, with some kind of fat like butter to keep it delicious, at least as a short-term measure. Wheat has those opioids in it, which fuel the cravings. The bad gut flora living off it also send signals to your brain (really, they know how to break into your internal leptin and other hormonal signals!) so that you chow down on what will feed them and increase their numbers.

Do you like kim chee? That and other fermented food might help you. Butter and coconut oil in place of nuts might help your acne. I've been there, the whole business. I found that herbal liver tea and other liver tonics like milk thistle and dandelion fixed my irregular periods for the first time in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
    Have you read Elaine Gottschall's book "Ending the Vicious Cycle"? Her SCD diet would help the gut and toxic problems, and the food can be quite delicious. It also would put an immediate and complete end to the snacking on oreos and cheesecake, etc. There are blogs where people following the system to fix Crohn's hang out and offer each other support.

What are those things doing in your house anyway? If I have stuff like that around I can't control myself at all -- I just eat it till it's gone. But I can avoid buying it in the first place. Be sure to have good food which you like around at all times, so you can eat that instead of the junk.

If the baking and flour stuff just drives you bats with cravings, you could try using white rice in place of wheat, with some kind of fat like butter to keep it delicious, at least as a short-term measure. Wheat has those opioids in it, which fuel the cravings. The bad gut flora living off it also send signals to your brain (really, they know how to break into your internal leptin and other hormonal signals!) so that you chow down on what will feed them and increase their numbers.

Do you like kim chee? That and other fermented food might help you. Butter and coconut oil in place of nuts might help your acne. I've been there, the whole business. I found that herbal liver tea and other liver tonics like milk thistle and dandelion fixed my irregular periods for the first time in my life.
    Hm thanks for the recommendation on Gottshall's book. It's always good to get my hands on a new book for motivation.

As you know, it's a hard cycle to break once you start having grain/refined carbs. It definitely has a chemical effect with the brain and I'm always seeking comfort from food.

I live with my mom who is the world's best baker... she makes red velvet cupcakes, toffee chocolate biscottis, and oreo cheescakes ON THE DAILY. My house is filled with amazing smells and people can't tell me enough how lucky I am lol. I tell her many times I'd appreciate it if she used coconut flour or almond flour, but she has yet to try such a recipe. It's probably better that way because I'd just find excuses to get addicted to something else.

The amount of exercise and sleep I get truly determines my control. I will try kim chee and kefir to help my cravings. I do already use coconut oil very liberally, but I will take your advice on milk thistle... really appreciate your help. Thank you!

May 27

So I smoked that night and binged like crazy... I tried to binge on primal foods, but that didn't work out... I even spent money on an extra meal because I didn't want to feel full, I wanted to feel sick again... what's the deal?

8:30 am : Vega wholemeal
    12:00 pm : Pork chops, lettuce, cucumber + D3
    7:00 pm : Butter chicken, salad ($10)
    7:30 pm : Muhglai chicken, rice, salad ($10)
    9:00 pm : Grapes, blueberries
    9:30 - 10:00 pm : Almond/cranberry biscotti thins
    10:00 pm : Rice with leftover indian butter sauce
    1:00 am : Handful of hazelnuts
    Last edited by porcelain; 05-28-2011 at 11:54 AM.

May 28

3:00 - 4:00 pm : Cardio - jogging
    4:30 pm : Red bean and taro soup
    8:30 pm : Beef burrito in bowl
    10:00 pm : Vega wholemeal
    12:00 - 2:00 am : Cardio - dancing
    3:00 am : Ho fun noodles takeout with beef, egg custard tart, sugar bun

Boy do I feel like setting an example... terrible!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    May 29

2:30 pm : Pork chops
    3:30 pm : Dark chocolate + D3
    5:00 -5:30 pm : Cardio - dancing
    8:30 pm : Ground chicken, bok choy

Well I'm on the right track... I didn't get any cravings after the dark chocolate and workout. Sometimes I feel embarrassed listing my cheats because I think I want to embody a Primal so badly, I feel like a failure... In the end, facing your mistakes gives more incentive to fight back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast