Thread: Running, sorry if it has been asked. page

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member

Running, sorry if it has been asked.

Hello

I have been primal for over 5 months now and I run maybe once every two weeks (only 2 miles usually).

Before this lifestyle, in my CW days, I ran over 30 miles a week easily. Looking back I definitely suffered from Chronic Cardio.

I am probably going to get back into running. I was wondering how much running is too much. I would like to do 3 miles twice a week on average. I plan on never forcing myself to run if I am not feeling it. Is 2 times a week a good balance?

Also, what is the optimal primal before/after nutrition for running? Apple before? Eggs after? What macro's would be best for me? I ask because I know running isn't the best workout for this lifestyle and I understand interval drills and sprints would be better(still plan on doing these as well, I would like to do some jogging to unwind mostly or cooldown after workouts.)

Sorry if this was confusing and thank you guys in advance for your help.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    It's fine. I'd recommend doing 1, 3 miler and 1 day of hill sprints.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Sounds a lot like how I used to be, during my CW days I logged like 30+ miles a week too. I still run occasionally, but not the crazy distances I used to do. I will generally run about 5 miles when I do run and I will do it usually once, sometimes twice a week if I have time. I just pretend that I'm doing a persistence hunt.

I also prefer trail running to slapping the pavement.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Most weeks I'll walk/jog for most of the day, but lately the weather's been horrible. Oh, LC is fine for this.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.