Thread: Doug McGuff Video from the 21 Convention page

Chrisflyer is offline Member

Doug McGuff Video from the 21 Convention

Primal Fuel
    A very informative video on nutrition, exercise and cellular biochemistry.

Quote Mark a number of times and is an advocate of the "Primal" lifestyle.

Video can be viewed here.

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    His book "Body by Science" is a great read if you really want to get some serious information that references studies as well. Not nearly as quick to read or as enjoyable a read as Primal Blueprint but I'm about 1/4 through and it's good.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    this video is fantastic, even though i think the convention itself is hokey. wish i could find mark's presentation there, though...

anyway, doug mcguff is a great speaker, and i would definitely encourage folks to read body by science if you're intrigued by his message about the way that our aerobic respiration & anaerobic respiration are linked, and how the idea of 'cardio' or 'aerobics' is based on a faulty paradigm.

i do take small exception with the length of rest periods he advocates, but in general, the book blew my mind.
    Last edited by jakey; 12-05-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling; just can't seem to get it right the first time!

feren6 is offline Member
    I like this video as well...he does a great job of explaining all the sciency stuff in an easy to understand fashion.

Dave P is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    this video is fantastic, even though i think the convention itself is hokey. wish i could find mark's presentation there, though...

anyway, doug mcguff is a great speaker, and i would definitely encourage folks to read body by science if you're intrigued by his message about the way that our aerobic respiration & anaerobic respiration are linked, and how the idea of 'cardio' or 'aerobics' is based on a faulty paradigm.

i do take small exception with the length of rest periods he advocates, but in general, the book blew my mind.
    I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about the recovery time he mentions. I just finished the video and that was my main question as well.

*yes, i understand this thread is very old.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about the recovery time he mentions. I just finished the video and that was my main question as well.

*yes, i understand this thread is very old.
    More from Dr. McGuff where he discusses a bit more about recovery

Podcast #26: Body By Science with Dr. Doug McGuff, MD | The Bulletproof Executive

Dr. Mercola Interviews Doug McGuff about High Intensity Exercise - YouTube

Dave P is offline Junior Member
    ^Thanks, I'll take a listen tonight. Appreciate the resources.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post

Here is Mark's presentation.

Mark, McGruff and Robb Wolf are my main goto guys.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The recovery time that Dr McGuff advocates is based on many years of training clients. What he has found is that most trainees make better progress training once every 7 days or even less, than they do training more frequently. High intensity exercise is very demanding and one can easily over train if the "dose" is too frequent.