Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Too tasy to be good?

Too tasy to be good?

Shop Now
    I eat lamb (I guess almost everyday and always pan-fry it in grass fed butter for a long time to get a nice crust to form. It's very delicious and oily. I eat it with a lot of salad greens. The only variation to this is 3-4 times I'll replace the lamb with King Salmon and or grass fed beef. For snack, I eat grass fed cheese (kerrygold) OR rarely sardines.

From this, I guess I'm getting higher omega 6 than 3?

If you don't already, you can supplement with fish oil capsules to raise your Omega 3 levels. Do you eat omega 3 eggs?
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

The omega 3 eggs is pretty much non-existent considering that it has something like 3g of omega 6 and only like 0.2g of omega 3. I also use tons of grass fed butter but that is probably very low in omega 3.

One can of sardines provide about 1g of omega 3 .

if the info here is correct, you're getting omega 3's from the lamb and beef if they're grassfed

Grass Fed Beef: Weatherbury Farm, Omega 3's & 6's

Meat from grass-fed animals has two to four times more omega-3 fatty acids than meat from grain- fed animals.

best way to find out is to put your meals down on a program like FitDay or Nutricalc. I eat fish 5 times a week and I only eat grass fed beef and dairy but my ratios still come out to 1:1.5 or 1:2. It is pretty tough to get to 1:1. I found that my highest omega 6 fats are coming from avocados.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

As per Don Matesz you could eat 6 lbs of ruminant meat (beef, venison, lamb/mutton) a week and an extra pound of fatty fish like salmon would balance all the O-6s.

Yeah - fatty fish or fish oil is the way to go for omega 3s. Check it out on nutritiondata.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    As per Don Matesz you could eat 6 lbs of ruminant meat (beef, venison, lamb/mutton) a week and an extra pound of fatty fish like salmon would balance all the O-6s.
    That makes sense to me. Isn't most of the fat in the ruminant saturated and monunsaturated?