Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gluten free and the best in the world page 3

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "Tennis is veryyyy mental."

Totally possible for gluten to affect people mentally. For example, I get foggy-brained eating wheat, which slows my response time and makes everything I do a chore. Lifting the brain fog could definitely improve someone's game tremendously, if that is the case. The "How does gluten affect you" threads are quite enlightening to see the range of symptoms that can possibly be eliminated by removing one thing from your diet.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Great match. Djokovic afterwards was saying he thought he'd had all the same shots before, but nowadays he had a different attitude. Mm. Thing is, the difference in attitude he described (and we've seen) actually reminded me a little, tiny bit of my change in mindset pre- and post-PB. Far more inclined just to go after what I wanted and needed, much less likely to be apologetic and hesitant about it.

Murray's cut back on the gluten, too, though his approach sounds a bit half-hearted by comparison. Someone send him a copy of Mark's book.

ciep is offline Senior Member
    They actually spoke a lot about his gluten-free diet in the post tournament discussion, the word is definitely getting out there. Makes me wonder what percentage of Serbia's population has switched to gluten-free this year.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    He keeps rolling them up: Jason Gay: Why Tennis Rules the Earth - WSJ.com

Nice quote from Gay: " It ended with Djokovic yanking at his collar, stripping off his shirt, and unleashing a primal yell—Fred Stolle meets Freddie Mercury."
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Jovana is offline Member
    My dad and I were watching a Djokovic match during the Australian Open and my dad asked me what gluten is because he heard Djokovic quit gluten and drastically improved his tenis as a result. I explained gluten and the whole paleo diet to him and my dad has now stopped eating bread!! woohooo!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123