Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gluten free and the best in the world page 2

nancy64 is offline Junior Member
    I was ticked off, though, that the writer addressed the subject as if gluten intolerance was just a mental thing. If you think the diet is helping you, then you have a mental edge seemed to be the thesis.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Bumping this in case anyone is following Wimbledon. Djokovic has made it to the semi-finals... I heard the name and thought "isn't that the gluten free tennis guy"? Woo, now I know who to cheer for!

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Ok, now he made it to the finals! Yay!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Gluten-free wins! I mean Djokovic

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    As if his prior success wasn't enough. Other athletes have to be looking at this and wondering if it will work for them.

"I felt like an animal. I wanted to see how it tastes. It tastes good," Djokovic said later, his eyes wide and his smile contagious.
    Last edited by IvyBlue; 07-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    @kenfuji All meat is gluten free, it's just an advertising scheme.

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    And Djokovic used to have a bit of a reputation for retiring from matches because of fitness/ breathing problems. He was criticised, maybe thought of as something of a wimp, had an operation on his sinuses... and then he turned into the monster that demolished Nadal in the Final.

His coach says, "We found he had a gluten allergy and since he's cut that out of his diet, he is able to breathe better and take in more oxygen. His body is much healthier and this is the key."

How many other people have had breathing problems disappear after removing gluten? (*raises hand*)

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    What a cool story! I recently read about the gluten/ataxia link. Ataxia is a disorder where neurological muscle signaling is out of order and people have poor muscle control. So, it makes total sense that gluten could absolutely have been affecting his muscle coordination/control!

grokka is offline Senior Member
    I think its definitely good for gluten free. However, I do wonder how much of an effect his diet really had. Tennis is veryyyy mental. This has also come on the heals of a new dedication to his fitness and the sport. But its still good exposure for gluten free. I'm a competitive junior tennis player, so now all my friends want to try the diet I've been doing because of novak. Lawl. They scoffed a year ago...

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Carb-dependent diet is more likely to be associated with hypertension, so the mental aspect can be greatly influenced by diet.
    I know I'm a lot more at ease and chill on primal/paleo, than I was on SAD with all it's sugar and insulin spikes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast