Thread: 2 weeks in. page

PrimalAli is offline Junior Member

2 weeks in.

Hi I'm new here, hence posting in meet and greet So here is some information. I never had a weight problem until after my son was born 10 years ago. I was around 120lb back then Since then I have never felt comfortable with my weight. I could never get back down to the pre pregnancy weight and always felt crap. After my dad died in January I was at my heaviest of 165. So I went on yet another diet. I lost a few pounds but I knew it wasn't sustainable as I love my food. So a few weeks ago I came across the primal blueprint and I thought it looked good. So I ordered the book and cookbook and haven't looked back. I am eating primal 2 weeks now and I just really wish I had found this before. I love the food, love how it makes me feel and love the energy I have. I don't even crave any of the rubbish I gave up. I used to binge on Doritoes, pizza, chocolate and I had bread twice every day and I drank lots of fizzy low calorie drinks. The fridge always had low fat milk, vegetable oil spread and I cooked with a spray vegetable oil.
    Now it is packed with yummy whole foods, lots of meat, vegetables, berries real butter, cream and cheese. I must say that I am enjoying the freedom of eating good proper food and not having to worry about how many calories are in every bite. Weight loss isn't even an issue for me anymore because I know it will happen along the way so I am not stressing about it.

So thats it from me. I just wanted to share my experience so far. Its only been 2 weeks but I know this is how I want to eat going forward and I am looking forward to reaping the benefits.
    My primal journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30139.html

F/28/5'6
    Weight:
    04/5/11 - 11st 2lb
    11/5/11 - 10st 11.5lb
    18/5/11 - 10st 9.5lb
    Measurements:
    11/5
    Bust: 40in
    Waist: 32in
    Hips: 40.5in

Grokim is offline Junior Member
    Hi PrimalAli! I'm just starting this week. It's so encouraging to hear the physical results you've had so far! Thank you for sharing!

PrimalAli: I used to eat bread like it was candy. Now, I don't even crave it. It's great to hear how well things are going so far after only 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Grokim good luck on your journey I'm sure you will be reporting your positive results soon

Quote Originally Posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
    PrimalAli: I used to eat bread like it was candy. Now, I don't even crave it. It's great to hear how well things are going so far after only 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh I know what you mean, my kids have toast for breakfast (something I'm working on at the moment) and looking at it actually makes me feel full! It's amazing how fast the cravings disappear and the realisation sets in that I can live without all that processed crap.

F/28/5'6
    Weight:
    04/5/11 - 11st 2lb
    11/5/11 - 10st 11.5lb
    18/5/11 - 10st 9.5lb
    Measurements:
    11/5

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Ack! You sound just like me!

I'm 9 days in, and sending you all kinds of encouragement!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalAli View Post
    Oh I know what you mean, my kids have toast for breakfast (something I'm working on at the moment) and looking at it actually makes me feel full! It's amazing how fast the cravings disappear and the realisation sets in that I can live without all that processed crap.

I know, right? It's funny how once you get rid of all the processed crap your taste buds really do start to change!

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Ack! You sound just like me!

I'm 9 days in, and sending you all kinds of encouragement!
    Thank you and best of luck to you

F/28/5'6
    Weight:
    04/5/11 - 11st 2lb
    11/5/11 - 10st 11.5lb
    18/5/11 - 10st 9.5lb
    Measurements:
    11/5

Quote Originally Posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
    I know, right? It's funny how once you get rid of all the processed crap your taste buds really do start to change!
    My partner bought what he thought was 70% chocolate last night for a treat but it was actually 35%. He nearly got sick eating a bite of it from the sweetness. I used to crave chocolate all the time. If the kids were eating it I would always have a piece but now I'm not bothered anymore which is great.

F/28/5'6
    Weight:
    04/5/11 - 11st 2lb
    11/5/11 - 10st 11.5lb
    18/5/11 - 10st 9.5lb
    Measurements:
    11/5

Gloworm is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats! I'm 3 weeks in and like you...I'm not craving ANYTHING! It's awesome. I usually keep some 75% chocolate in the fridge and now I find I don't even want it. I always used to say I'd prefer a crusty baguette over dessert any day of the week (and by that, I mean a whole baguette). Weight isn't my issue although I've lost 8 lbs and look cut (I'll take it). But I did have to eat every couple of hours or I'd get all shaky and weird and now...I can go for hours with stable energy. Another funny thing is the other day, I put a piece of Trident gum in my mouth. I had to spit it out...it literally tasted like poison. I feel like my taste buds have gotten completely acclimated to REAL FOOD and anything else is poison. Now understand, even before Primal I was against fake food, but I never had such a strong response. Keep up the good work!!!!