Thread: Sesame Ginger Baby Bok Choy page

starrchilde is offline Senior Member

Sesame Ginger Baby Bok Choy

Shop Now
    I made this tonight and my husband declared it "excellent", so I thought I would share it here too for those who might need additional ideas for preparing baby bok choy.

baby bok choy, hard stem end removed
    sesame oil
    minced garlic
    minced ginger (can use powdered)
    tamari
    black pepper to taste
    toasted sesame seeds (if desired - if toasting your own, just put them in a dry skillet over medium heat and keep moving until lightly browned and nutty smelling)

Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium high heat, adding garlic and ginger* until just aromatic.
    Toss in baby bok choy, drizzle with tamari and saute until tender.
    Add pepper to taste, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.

*If using powdered ginger instead of minced, add at the same point you're drizzling the tamari.

Sorry I don't provide amounts, but I don't ever measure anything - it's all about approximation.
    ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
    ó John Lennon

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    I love bok choy! Thanks for this recipe, I will try it out.

me jane is offline Senior Member
    Yum!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Found baby bok choy in my grocery store for the first time, searched the forum for a recipe, found this and made it tonight for supper. Yummy - highly recommended. Hubby who travels to China a lot said it was very similar to the greens he eats there. Thanks for the recipe.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see a zombie resurrected. I love baby bok choy (and the big stuff). The baby also works in places where one might have used chips or small breads. Things like liver pate and soft cheeses aren't overpowered by the light taste. Mother Nature's perfect little scoops.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

farmerokbag is offline Junior Member
    yeah.think so,Hubby who travels to China a lot said it was very similar to the greens he eats there.thank you