Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: mondawg: coming out of the cave page 5

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    more primal inspiration

Here is a coconut chicken soup I made with jalapenos, cucumbers, and daikon radish. I cooked the chicken and coconut soup until ready and then dropped in the fresh vegetables uncooked.

I have been hard at work, not getting to my journal. we have had a ton of rain on the East coast and my house is full of mold-and not even eating Primal has prevented me from having allergy attacks. I am moving into a new place in Sept and I cant wait. I know from other people that mold is one of the most toxic things you can be exposed to. I almost wish I could move out a month early, but where would I go??

Luckily I am on a summer vacation for a week starting today. I have brought all my work with me since I have a ton of stuff to do. and I have my computer so I can keep up with fitday and have the MDA forum for support. I am used to being alone and am doing really well with my eating. I am at my target weight after 2 months-wanted to lose fat and 6 pounds. I have definitely done that. Truthfully the best part is that I am no longer a binge eater. And I am feeling healthier everyday. I definitely have more stamina and I am also well rested. I sleep hard!! and that feels so healthy!

so anyway, it will be interesting to be around someone else besides my son, who now (almost) completely understands Primal. at least he gets that it is good for me!

wish me luck!

I was inspired by a post last night-someone mentioned meatza. I said WHAT is meatza???? An hour later, I knew what I was going to make for dinner tonight!

Mexican Meatza!! I made the ground beef crust, then melted some cheddar cheese on top. My son makes a killer guacamole, so we put that on top of the melted cheese and added some jalapenos. Wow, awesome, tasty, and SO easy to make!

weighed in at 113 today. I started at 121 on May 13th, and my goal was 115. I am 5' 3 1/4" and for the first time in my life, I feel that I am at the size that I am meant to be. I never thought I would ever be here, but I dreamed of it for a long time. It is not the # on the scale, it is how my body feels-it feels just right! I no longer have to hate myself and beat myself up the way I did when I was in my eating disorder.

This is a huge day in my life, and I am truly grateful to Mark and the Primal Blueprint. Healing feels really, really amazing.

Thanks

One thing I have not started doing yet is follow the PB exercise plan. I have been walking for a while, but even that has fallen to the wayside in the past several weeks. I am in the midst of a move, which is taking up a lot of space in my head and time during the day. I am clearing out and selling a lot of stuff I no longer need or want. My son is also leaving for his first year at college at the end of this week. These would normally be huge triggers for me as far as my eating disorder went. Right now, if I was still in it, I would be exhausted JUST from bingeing on sugar and carbs. Instead I feel overwhelmed and fearful, but grounded and well nourished. I am trying to take one day at a time and get something done everyday that helps me to move forward.

I really miss my walks, but I just can't put any pressure on myself to fit them into my day. Move date is Sept 1, so I know that I can start up again after that. In the meantime, with PB, I can maintain my weight without exercise. Feeling healthy during times of overwhelm is a new experience for me.

I am also making sure to get to the beach every several days-even if it is only for a few hours-so I can rest and get away from it all.

The other amazing thing is that I am sleeping really well!!

Thanks PB

Throwing away and selling all my fat clothes. Huzzah!

cleaning out TONS of stuff before my move-selling and donating. Found a box with some old pairs of jeans-my son asked me if they were my skinny jeans. YES, they were, packed away for 6 years!! I tried them on and they fit!

even a pair of vintage CK Jeans: "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins" Haha.

PB for LIFE!!

Tasty dinner: mini burgers with different cheese toppings: brie and fennel, mozzarella with crushed red peppers and oregano, and blue cheese.
    Last edited by mondawg; 08-08-2011 at 09:39 AM.

I just discovered I am allergic to almond butter!!!!! now what???? of course I have been eating a lot of it lately-snacking. will stop for a little while and then try it to see what happens

and today I had peanut butter cookies. Definitely NOT primal. first time in 3 months. they weren't even that good! well, now I know what I am NOT missing.
    Last edited by mondawg; 08-13-2011 at 03:07 PM.

I have had a busy week and have not been able to get on the forum and check in to fitday. I am finding that the lack of commitment (to fitday especially) is not a good thing for me. entering my food and weight into fitday is such an asset to my day-not doing it makes me feel imbalanced. I still too young in the PB to know where I stand with my protein, fat and carb intake, and fitday helps me to keep that on track. I really value the tool. and I need to use it!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345