Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: mondawg: coming out of the cave page 3

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    weighed in at 118.6 today. weight has gone back up from 116 but still down from 121 when I began. I have been reading a lot of the other posts on weight gain and loss and it looks like weight does fluctuate. last night was the first night out-we went for sushi. very hard to find something on the menu without a lot of carbs-i had already eaten fruit for breakfast that morning-so i settled on 12 pieces of sashimi. not very satisfying! had to come home and make some steak (my friend was paying so I didnt want to go nuts on his bill).

last night I finally got a decent hard night's sleep. the past couple of nights I have been up all night-until like 3 in the morning. I do not like sleepless nights. This morning I woke up at 5 to the birds singing and no rain-yay!!!-did my morning meditation and fell asleep in the middle of it! it was good to get more rest

I am still pain free and that makes me happy-did another detox bath this morning in case.

going to the NYC Primal event with Mark Sisson this evening. Really looking forward to it!

Primal Babe Inspiration:

One thing I noticed today-I had great energy when i was working out. wow, I can't tell you how many times in the past 2 years I have had to force myself through a workout. I generally ride my stationary bike at least 5 out of the 7 days and I walk when I can. Today I did my half hour stationary bike and it went by SO fast it was amazing!! I felt incredibly energetic. Later this afternoon I went down to the beach and walked 5miles. so GREAT to be out in the sun and have it be warm here-its been so rainy and oogy!

however, I do notice that I am not really paying much attention to anything else but the PB!! I am so happy to be excited about my eating and working out that when it comes to working, I can't seem to concentrate! HELP! I have my own business, so the only way I make money is when I work!

Has anyone else had this experience??

today was another great day-rode my stationary bike and got a LOT of work done around the house-then met my friend at the beach for another 5miler with my new vibrams. I LOVE them, they make me happy. was still up at 119 again this morning so I decided to measure myself to see if anything had changed there!! yes! 1/2 inches everywhere, except my neck. I love fitday.com and am so glad I took my measurements as soon as i started off. eggs for breakfast and eggs for lunch. chicken and italian sausage for dinner.

most importantly, plenty of fresh air and sunshine. have a lot of work to do this weekend, but will have some fun too, already have a beach walk scheduled with my friend for 10:30am tomorrow. very excited.

I am sleeping so well finally. the deepest sleep I have had in a long time. I am waking up feeling so rested its unbelievable.

very content and at peace. no more carb hangovers! thanks PB!

Today another 5 miler with my vibrams-have definitely been sore, but now getting used to being flat footed which I like. always go around barefoot anyway. got a lot of work done today too, so I am getting focused again

went out to the movies with a friend-refused popcorn-then she wanted to go to the diner after, I thought "what the hell am I going to eat???" then I realized that they serve breakfast all day at the diner, so I had a sausage and egg omelet with a side of bacon. It was a real bacon day today-breakfast lunch and dinner (unplanned) but good to know that I didnt have to go off the PB just to get something to eat while dining out.

and now, to bed!

ok, so I have been posting since 5/16 which is about when I started the PB way of life. I am definitely feeling more grounded with my eating. What I have realized is that I eat way to much for my height and weight, so I cut back on the amounts that I am eating. It feels weird to eat so little, I have always liked to clean my plate and then some. It isnt even that I am that hungry. I think its just a matter of changing bad habits. I feel very satisfied eating protein. I am still maintaining at 119. I must admit I am being a bit of a whiner that I cant seem to drop any more weight yet. Hello, only 2 weeks in and I am whining???!!! I need to have a little more patience with the process-after all I did change over to this way of eating primarily for my health. I guess its just seeing everyone else's progress-it makes me want it for myself too-like, RIGHT NOW!!!!

I am very surprised to be eating so much fat. It feels so funny after years of being told that it is bad for you. I just bought some coconut oil since practically everyone on this forum recommends it. I will see how that goes. I tried it with almond butter (I think DrBorkBork recommended that). It really was yummy. It's fun to be thinking outside the box with my eating. I am looking forward to trying some of the recipes. Right now it's too much to think about!!

Today I am down to 117. The one thing I did differently was to really keep my carbs under 20g. wow, I was doing the 50 and under but I guess for me, ketosis really happens under 20g. I had been keeping stable at 119 at 50 carbs. So I will try to do a little more fatburning this week with 20g and under.

Today I realized that I am really exhausted and in pain, so I went to get a massage and go to the beach, not to exercise, but to sit by the water and read. It occurred to me that going cold turkey probably put a lot of stress on my body-even though I have experienced a lot of relief emotionally. All the physical changes are a little tiring-and the hyper focus i have in concentrating on this new way of life. What I wrote on the first day of this journal is still true. I am relieved of my eating disorder. and I have the Primal Blueprint to thank, as well as my determination and willingness to change on a dime and to let go of my negative patterns that hold me back. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a process and I have to take it easy on myself-that self care HAS to be a part of this new way of life. I feel great having taken the day off.

Thank you all for inspiring me and answering all my questions in your posts. i love this forum

Have a good night

woke up feeling great this morning and the scale said 115! so I reached my goal weight-at least for today! (so far on PB I seem to go down and then go up again before I come back down and settle at that weight) My goal date for the weight was June 10th, so I think by June 10th I will have for sure settled at 115. I am definitely interested in seeing how my muscles will begin to appear now over time. I love that I feel SO much better in clothing!! my muffin top used to hang out and it would be painful to wear my pants-and I refused to buy a bigger size-so instead of wearing my pants, I would just wear sweats! did not do much for my self esteem!!!!!! My son is graduating high school next saturday so i am excited that I will be feeling great and can wear one of the beautiful dresses I have that have been sitting in my closet!! Thanks PB!!!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast