Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mondawg: coming out of the cave page 2

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    ps slept through the night!!

so thirsty!!

yum, sauteed sausage and chicken for lunch with crushed red peppers. also 2 spoonfuls of almond butter for dessert.

had 7 pieces of bacon tonight-was not hungry but ate anyway

today's weight 117.2

woke up at 5am this morning to the sound of birds-makes me very happy!! was hungry so had 5 slices of bacon. will have eggs in a little while. it is the first sunny day in I dont know how long. we have been having so much rain this Spring it has been making me nuts-I have definitely noticed a change for the better in my moods though-very evident that it is a result of changing my diet. I woke up feeling refreshed instead of groggy for the first time since starting on the PB.

looking forward to a 5-7 mile walk on the beach today-fresh air and sunshine-yay!!!!

OMG! so exhausted! I havent even done anything! except wake up early. wow, just took a nap. felt like I just had a full nights sleep! I weighed myself and I lost weight-117 (.2 of a pound) Gee, if Ida known that all I had to do to lose weight was to eat and sleep, I would have tried this a long time ago. Feel very stiff and sore. didnt get to go on my walk, so see ya later, have to go out in the sun to rest now.

walked 5m today, glad to get out since the weather has just been _ _ _ _!!!!!!!!!! felt low on the second lap, but did it anyway. got some new vibrams!! I love the way they feel, I will try them out tomorrow. there are no other really cool looking sneakers out there this year-i love my workout gear to be colorful, which vibrams are. I got the komodo sport:

HOT!!!

Breast Pain and What to do about it

I am grateful to this forum. I had been having pain in my breasts and found a thread about it, and I was relieved to know I wasnt alone. However, the pain did not go away. it got worse and worse everyday, to the point where I could not focus on anything but the pain since it was so intense. During my walk yesterday it occurred to me to get some epsom salts and take a bath- I realized that I MUST be detoxing.

I was just going to go to CVS and get plain epsom salts, but decided to go to Whole Body (a division of whole foods), because I was looking for something a little more geared towards spirituality and femininity. I ended up buying "Letting Go" by Little Moon Essentials. I noticed that the bath became darker and murky and i said, "ew, time to get out!!" Within an hour of taking the bath the pain in my breasts began to subside. It has not totally gone away yet, but I am now on the next step of my detox.

I had a feeling that the lymph system had something to do with the pain, since there are lymph nodes in the breast and the lymphatic system is involved in detoxification. wow, the information i found!!!!
    so I want to share it with you all in case you will find it helpful in your process as well.

Here is what I found:

Lymphatic system, manual lymph drainage, lymph nodes, lymph fluid, lymph vessels, fat transportation, water retention, waste disposal, immune system, protein regulator, cancer prevention lymphoedema,

Signs of lymphatic malfunction, cellulitis, diuretics, Inflamed sinuses, Sinusitis, Too much Mucous, Catarrh or Phlegm, Mastitis, Post Glandular Fever lethargy, Dull pain in liver area, diabetes risk, Continuous Constipation, red swollen leg, itchy r

How to Do a Lymph Cleansing Diet on eHow

How to Cleanse & Detoxify the Lymph System

"Your lymph system carries a pale fluid, lymph, that transports cell wastes and debris that accumulate in your cells. However, the lymph system can become clogged with toxins and affect your immune system. When that happens, the lymph glands, nodes where lymph collects and is filtered, swell and become painful and harm your immune system. Cleansing and clearing the lymphatic system can reduce the harm."

"Take a detoxification bath. Use 1/2 cup of baking soda, Epsom salt, or sea salt in a bath and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Then scrub your skin with soap on a natural fiber such as a luffa. You will see the water become murky and dirty looking. The darkness in the water is aluminum and mercury coming out of your system."

How to Do A Lymph Stimulating Cleanse on eHow-this gives some advice on how to detox with diet

I have chosen to do this:

"Sip "cran-water" throughout the day. Mix 8 ounces of unsweetened organic cranberry juice with 56 ounces of water. The anthocyanins in cranberry juice assist in releasing trapped fat so it can be cleansed from the liver and lymph system."

"Mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 8 ounces of cran-water and drink it first thing in the morning and again before bed. This is a fat-cleansing cocktail. Lignans, antioxidants found in flaxseed and flaxseed oil, nourish the liver and the lymph system so they can metabolize fat-soluble toxins and excess body fat."

I went to Whole Foods and purchased the flax seed and the cranberry juice.

I purchased "Bob's Red Mill Organic Natural Raw Whole Flax Seeds" 2 tablespoons is actually 1 serving with 8g of fat, 7g of carbs, and 4g of fat.

I purchased "Lakewood Organic Pure Cranberry, NOT from concentrate, fresh pressed 100% juice, no sweeteners". 1 serving is 4 ounces, and I need the 8 0z with water, so in 8 oz, there is 18g carbs (of which 6g are sugar) and 1g protein.

Since this is temporary, I am not to worried about the 6g of sugar. I am more concerned at this point about getting my lymphatic fluid cleansed and flowing again.

Also, I noticed when I went to enter my cranberry juice and flax seed numbers on fitday.com that the numbers did not match up to the numbers on the food labels. So I had to tweak the fitday numbers to match the food labels.

I will be doing a second "Letting Go" mineral bath this afternoon as well as trying this: Acupressure Points for Lymph Nodes from eHow

The other thing I found interesting today was that my weight was up. I was at 116.2 yesterday and today I was at 119. I had NO difference in what I ate, except that I ate less protein than I had in the past several days. The only other thing I did differently was the bath.

Hope this helps someone.

Have a great day,

mondawg
    Last edited by mondawg; 05-23-2011 at 11:07 AM.

another buff babe:

Q: why r all the buff babes carrying guns??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, so I did the cranjuice and flax seed and had a second detox/epsom salts bath yesterday evening. this morning I am completely pain free, which means that my lymphatic fluid is on the move again, no more blockages.

So to recap. Prior to the Paleo diet I had no breast pain or problems. Started Paleo diet and began to experience tenderness in my breasts which escalated into pain. Knowing that lymph nodes can swell up (basically "swollen glands"), I decided to do some research to see how I could heal this issue. I followed the dietary recommendations as well as the detox bath (the skin is an amazing organ for detoxification) and the end result is that I am back to normal again.

Since the lymphatic system aids in the digestion of fats and the regulation of proteins, it is not surprising that after drastically changing my diet (pre Primal = no fats or protein), that I experienced these symptoms.

"Lymphatic system also assists the digestive system in various ways. The lymphatic vessels that are located in the gastrointestinal lining help in the absorption of fats from the food that we eat. Lymphatic system is required for proper assimilation of fats in the body. Failure on the part of lymphatic system may result in serious malnutrition. Lymphatic system prevents obesity which results due to accumulation of 'bad' fat in the body." buzzle

There are some great videos on YouTube about the Lymphatic system and how it functions

I have also read that lymphatic massage can be very helpful in releasing blockages

best,

mondawg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast